Chapter 11

"Karissa!" My 7 year old little sister cries as she hugs me, scared of the sight in front of us. I feel hot tears stream down my face as our father roughly pushed out mother into the wall, slapping her.
"It's gonna be okay Marcy" I say running my hand through her long brown hair.

Father turns to us and I turn my sister towards me.
"Run to the bathroom and lock yourself in there. Call the cops quickly." I tell her and she nods, running away. As I turn to face him I feel his large hands grab my long hair tied up in high pigtails, like usual, and pulls roughly.
"You think you can help your mom? Do you want me to do what I did last time?" He asks grabbing a knife. I feel my eyes water more as screams come out, making him cover my mouth as he carved into my thigh. I look over to my mothers lifeless body as he gets done.
"There, now you'll remember every time you look down." He says laughing loudly and start kicking me.
I hold my hair, scared that he will pull it again.
"Oh you're worried about your hair?" He asks smirking. He picks his knife back up and grabs my hair, slicing through it so the choppy cut goes to my shoulders.
"Aww you look so pretty now" he says and throws me toward a mirror, it smashing and cutting my body and face. I fall and see a piece of mirror. I pick it up and gawk, sobbing.

I used to be the pale, bright eyed bubbly 13 year old with long brown hair. Now all I see is a dull green eyed, ugly haired, bruised girl. That's all I remember as I pass out.

My eyes fly over as I quickly shout
"Mom!" As I sit up and bump heads with the oh so familiar green haired clown.
"Ow" I say holding my forehead.
"I'm so sorry" I say looking back up.
"My fault for waking you up" he mumbles while rubbing his forehead.
"Alexis made me come and check on you" he says letting his hand fall down.
"Oh" I say clearing my throat
"I think I'm good" I say ready to get up before I'm pushed back down.
"Nope Alexis gave me precise instructions." He says confidently and I laugh quietly.
"Taking orders from Alexis now?" I tease and his eyes widen for a moment.
"Well I mean she's pretty scary when she's motherly" he mumbles and feels my forehead with the back of his hand.
"You're still a bit warm" he says and I groan.
"I'm perfectly fine!" I say loudly, my voice cracking.
"Ya sure. She also told me to give you these" he says and hands me a glass of water and a small pill. I stare at them for a second before grabbing them, putting the pull in my mouth and taking a sip of water and swallowing. I give him the water back and he sets it on the bedside table.
"So what was the whole yelling 'mom' thing about?" He asks making me sigh.
"Just a dream" I say shrugging.
"You're files didn't say much about you're mom" he mumbles to himself.
What he doesn't know won't hurt him.