Chapter 17

I shiver as I feel someone's eyes on me and gulp. I slide my phone out of my pocket and call Alexis. As it rings I feel someone get closer.
Alexis answers.
"Alexis someone's is following me-" I say before a cloth goes over my mouth and I start screaming.

Now, you must be wondering how I got into this predicament. Well, it all started with this morning...

~This Morning~

"Hey Karissa can ya help me?" Alexis asks making me look up from where I sat on the floor petting Sugar.
"Yeah sure" I say and stand up.
"You see, I wanna go see my family" she says biting her lip as I exit my room.
"What?" I ask shocked
"I really miss them" she says looking down and I rub my face.
"Alexis they abandoned you once you first became a criminal, they kicked you out" I tell her and she nods.
"I know but-I don't know.." She trails off and I sigh.
"When do you wanna go?" I ask and she grins brightly.
"Tonight! And if they don't let me in, then we can always stay at a hotel" she says and I nod.
"Fine I'll go back" I say laughing a bit and walk to my room.

I grab a bag and shove some clothes and makeup in it along with money.
Once I'm dressed and ready I stand and walk out of my room after refilling Sugar's food and water bowls.
"Okay so you head out to the car, I'm gonna go tell J and the henchmen bye" I tell her and she nods, walking off.

I sigh as I stand in front of J's door to his room and raise my right fist and slowly knock.
"Who is it?" He voice asks harshly and I slightly wince at the loudness.
"K-Karissa, I'm sorry if I'm bothering you" I say and I hear shuffling before the door opens.
"Yes?" He asks slightly less harshly and looks behind me to see the bag.
"What's that for?" He asks and I gulp.
"Me and Alexis are going to see h-her family." I tell him.
"When are you going to be back?" He says after a few moments of silence.
"We should be back tomorrow. I was just making sure you would be able to feed and water Sugar if we are late" I say and he nods.
"Sure, have fun" he says before shutting the door. I tell all of the henchmen goodbye and leave to house and jump into the car.
"Ready?" She asks and I nod.

~At Alexis's family's house~

"I'm worried.." Alexis says and I sigh.
"I'm sure you'll be fine" I say and notice that it's getting dark.
"Now lets just go do this" I say and step out of the car after her.
We walk up to the door of the big white house and she knocks.
"Yes-oh.." Someone says and stares shocked at us. She has a few wrinkles and short black hair with some gray hair in it.
"Alexis?" She says and Alexis nods.
"Mom?" She says and her mother hugs her.
"I'm sorry we kicked you out" she whispers and I just stand there awkwardly.
"Mom, this is Karissa. She's my...boss" Alexis says and I nod my head a bit and hold out my hand.

Her mom stared at it for a minute before carefully shaking it.
"Don't worry I don't have any weapons with me" I joke and spread my arms out.

"So you are her... Boss?" Her dad asks as me and Alexis sit on the couch and I nod.
"I guess you could say that" I say and shrug.
"What kind of work do you guys exactly do?" Her father asks.
"Well I mean, we are kind of hit women. We kill bad people for doing things to other people for money. And rob banks and all that stuff" I say waving my hand a bit.
"But you wouldn't kill us would you?" Her mother asks obviously scared.
"No! No, I wouldn't kill someone for no reason" I try to reassure them.
"Do you work with... The Joker?" Her dad asks and I nod a bit.
"Sorta. We all love in the same place-it's a long story" I say and he nods.
"Did you ever meet that poor girl? Harley Quinn?" Her mother asks and we shake our heads.
"No, we are helping J try and find her though" Alexis says and I look at my feet.
I know where she is...
Shut up mind!
Just saying, you normally would've told J about it..
I know but... They warned me not too. I don't want to join that 'Suicide Squad'!
I know but the old you wouldn't put yourself before people, even if you barely knew them.
AHH SHUT UP!
I bounce my leg up and down as I argue with my self and my head snaps up as j hear my name.
"Karissa?" Alexis asks and I look at her.
"Hmm?" I ask and she points at my phone, more specifically an iPhone 6s. Of course I stole it.
"Oh sorry" I mumble and stand up.
"I gotta take this" I say looking at the name. I leave the house and start walking down the sidewalk.
"Yea?" I ask and I hear J growl.
"This is the fifth time I've called. The only time you've answered." He says obviously annoyed.
"O-oh I'm sorry! I zoned out" I apologize and I hear him sigh.
"It's fine. Are you guys staying there or what?" He asks and I shrug before realizing he can't see me. Well I mean knowing him he might have one of his henchmen following me.
"I don't know" I tell him truthfully.
"Look I gotta go" I tell him and hang up before letting him talk.

I shiver as I feel someone's eyes on me and gulp. I slide my phone out of my pocket and call Alexis. As it rings I feel someone get closer.
Alexis answers.
"Alexis someone's is following me-" I say before a cloth goes over my mouth and I start screaming.
Now you are all caught up, i need to go back to being unconscious.