Chapter 12

I internally groan as the cops run into the bank, us escaping.
"Boss where's alexis?" One of my men ask and my eyes widen as I look around.
"Shit" I whisper and look back to see the cop car driving away, Alexis in the back.
"Shit shit shit!" I exclaim and grab my hair, tugging it harshly.
"Okay. Just drive us the the hideout and we'll plan" I command and they nod, starting to drive.

We get to the hideout and walk in. I take my jacket off roughly and walk to my room, shutting my door and sitting on the ground with my head in my hands.
"How could I let this happen?" I ask myself and groan as there's a loud knocking on my door.
"What?" I ask and the door opens to reveal the Joker.
"I'm guessing the mission didn't work out well?" He asks and leans on the door frame.
"No. No it didn't not go well. Alexis got caught and is probably in Arkham Asylum by now" I tell him and pull my hair again.
"You'll get her back" he stated and I roll my eyes.
"Ya. Cause me and my men are so good that we can break into one of the most secure placed in Gotham" I say looking up. He thinks for a moment before groaning.
"I don't know why I'm gonna do this, I guess you just caught me in a happy mood. I could help you break Alexis out if you wa-"he says but before he can finish I jump up and wrap my arms around him tightly.
"Thank you thank you thank you!" I squeal excitedly and he awkwardly parts my back a few times. I laugh and pull away.
"Thank you" I say holding a hand out.

He stares at it before taking it in his and shaking.
"You're going soft." He says looking at me and I shake my head.
"No I'm not!" I exclaim and he crosses his arms, an amused expression on his face.
"Oh yeah? Then kill the kitten and put it out of its misery" he says picking up a box behind him holding a black and white kitten with a few cuts and a wound on its stomach.

My jaw drops and my eyes grow sad as I steal the box from him.
"I will not do any of the sort!" I say and start scolding him.
"It's just a baby and its hurt I can't just kill it!" I tell him and he shrugs.
"Fine I will" he says and takes out a knife, causing me to jump away.
"No! That was very uncalled for" I tell him like a mother would.
"Not say you're sorry." I say and he rolls his eyes smiling
"I'm not saying sorry to a cat" he says and I grab his ear, pulling it down near the box.
"Say it." I say and after a minute of arguing he finally finally gives in.
"Fine! I'm sorry" he says looking at the kitten and I let go of his ear.
"Good boy. Now if you'd excuse me, I have a kitten to attend too" I say carrying the kitten and box to the bathroom to heal it.