Chapter 15

"AHHHHHH" my screams echo in the large building.
"Wanna tell me what you know now?" 'Bloody Sam' asks and I shake my head.
"I'll never talk!" I say and cough out some blood that had erupted up my throat.
"You'll talk someday" he says and shoves the burning squares contraption onto me again making me scream again. After a while the pain starts to feel good. Like when you bite down onto your gum with the backs of your teeth, or when you get a sore in your mouth and you know you should stop bothering it but the pain is sorta refreshing.
"Why won't you talk?!" He screams and I cough.
"Because it's not my place too!" I scream at him and thrash around.
"Maybe I should just get your little friend Alexis to come her instead" he says setting up a camera in front of me and walks over into the cameras view with some weird looking straps. He attaches them to me and turns on a switch, and I immediately scream in pain at the electricity shooting through my body.
"Look at the camera Karissa!" He taunts grabbing the camera and pointing it at my tear stained face, cuts all over it and my makeup messed up more than usual.
"You're a sicko" I choke out coughing.
"Yes, but so is your little Joker friend" he says walking around me.
"Why is it that you two get along?" He asks kneeling in front of me.
"He's different from you. Plus he will probably just kill you once he busts his Queen out of Belle Reve" he says and I stay quiet.
"He's a ruthless killer, he has no mercy. He can't feel love, sadness, he can't feel anything but anger and a fucked up happiness" he growls and I shake a bit.
"Everyone can feel love and sadness" I whisper and he bends down next to me.
"Oh really? Well your in for an unexpected awakening" he smirks and starts back up his work, recording the whole thing.

~Later~

"Karissa, it's been quite a while since I've sent that video out to the world. I guess no one even cares that you could die at any moment" he says in my ear making me swallow some spit that had gathered in my mouth.
"Then why don't you just kill me?" I ask him and he thinks for a moment.
"Because what's the fun in that?" He asks and I suddenly hear a gun go off. I try hiding but my weak arms and legs can't move due to the straps.
"Who interrupted me?!" He shouts and swings open the door to see no one.
"Ha ha ha ha haaaaaa" a voice creeps down the hallway making Sam's body tense up and gulp.
"Might as well have a little more fun before you have to leave" Sam says while going over to the electricity box again turning on the switch, electricity pumping through my body once again.
"AHHHHH" I scream in pain but try to hold it back.
"Karissa!!" I hear Alexis scream and I hear multiple footsteps.
"ALEXIS!" I scream in agony as he turns up the switch.
"AHHHHHHHH" I scream while shaking and crying.
"PLEASE STOP" I beg to Sam and cough.
I hear the door bust in and my men, Joker's men, Alexis and the Joker himself burst in. Then all hell breaks loose.

All I see are gun shots. I feel the electricity stop running through my body and I go limp in the chair. Alexis unstraps me from the chair and helps my body up and hugs me. I hug back tightly.
"I've missed you so much" she whispers and I sniffles.
"I missed you too" I say and a bullet flies right by my head and Alexis grabs my hand, running out of the building and through a lot of rooms. When we're far away enough we end up in a huge chemical room. I carefully look over the edge to see big pools of  creamy white chemicals.

My heart pounds at the height and I back away.
"Ahh there you are!" A voice says and I turn quickly to see Sam.
"I guess this is goodbye" he says smirking and holding a gun up. Alexis quickly shoots the gun out of his hand and he hits her inter back of the head with the gun. She falls and holds her head.
"Ahh Karissa" he says walking closer to me and I back up, almost falling off the edge of the platform. I look down behind me to see the pools of chemicals and gulp.
"I've been waiting for this moment for a long time" he says and as he's about to pushes a gun goes off, shooting Sam in the back and he falls, his body pushing me and I fall back but quickly grab the edge of the platform.
"Karissa!" Alexis screams and runs over to grab my hands tightly.
"Alexis!" My men shout running into the room not seeing me.
"Help me pull her up!" Alexis begs and they start running over.
"What's going on?" Joker asks walking in the room to see us.
Alexis rushes out what happened and as I'm about to get back into the platform Sam wakes up from being unconscious and peels my hands from Alexis and I grab back on as he falls off and land son the ground outside the chemical pools with a thud.

I look up at Alexis and mouth to her.
"Sorry" I mouth and let go.
"KARISSA!" Alexis screams as my men hold her back and I hit the chemicals, slowly sinking.
I feel the chemicals burning my skin and itch.
'This is it. This is the end for me.' I think to myself as I'm about to hit the bottom of the pool but it doesn't come. I feel arms wrap around me and my face is suddenly resurfaced.

I gasp to air and start coughing and wipe my face with my hands. I blink and look to see Mr. J standing by me, holding me up.
Then I do something I never thought I would do. Especially in this situation.

I hug him. I hug him tightly and don't let go as the tears come falling.
"Shh it's okay" he says, shocking me.
I never thought he would actually say something like that.