Chapter 27

//// Part 3 ////

Absently I drum my fingers on the wooden table. I ignore the angry and suspicious looks from the men that occupy the inn.

Whether they want me here or not is none of my concern. If they want me to leave they should come over and ask me to instead of staring at me.

Of course, it would be kind of hard not to, I tend to stick out in a crowd. You would think that someone completely dressed in black would go by unnoticed by others yet I tend to draw the attention of everyone I see.

Then again, the large crossbow that I laid on the table when I came in may be the cause of the rude stares.

What can I say? I enjoy showing off my weapons. Especially to witless men who think they can take me on in a fight.

One of the men (who is quite large) seems interested in getting a few teeth knocked out so he walks over to me, trying to appear menacing.

"We don't want your kind here elf."
He spat pointing to the door.
"Leave now before we make
you."

"What makes you think that I'm an elf?"
I ask running a finger over my crossbow.
"I've seen you around here before. You cause trouble and mayhem everywhere you go."

"That is kind of the point. I am a troublemaker and I love what I do."
I reply turning to face him. I always keep my hood over head but when one of these pests begins annoying me I allow my eyes to show.

Because of their uncanny look they usually startle most people and Fatty here is no exception.

He backs away and I smirk. Turning back to my crossbow I believe that my work is done here.

Until someone slams a knife into the table which sends splintering wood flying in all directions.

"You heard him elf."
A man with a thick, black beard growls clutching the hilt of his knife.
"We want you to leave."

I sigh and recline in my chair, resting my legs on the table and putting my head in my hands.

"And I don't want to leave. I quite like it here actually. Now if you would be so kind as to get away from me I will reconsider throwing you out of here
myself."

I guess I should have kept my mouth shut cause Beard grabs me by the front of my shirt and throws me out of my chair.

"What are you going to do elf? There's only one of you and...."

He lets his voice trail off and I look up to see about twenty men standing over and around me.

This could be a problem.

I smile as I get back on my feet.

For them.

"This is your last chance elf. Arw you going to leave?"
Fatty asks.
"Now come on gentlemen, can we not solve this like civilized folk?"

My smile grows bigger as they all take menacing steps forward.
"Alright then, we'll do this your way."

Beard lunges at me first with his knife. I sidestep him and grab his arm with one hand and the back of his head with the other.

I slam him onto the table and he goes down. Two more men come at me with fists ready to srike. I lift up one arm to block one blow and grab the other man by his wrist.

I fling him into the man who tried to punch me and they fall onto the floor. Now all the men are coming at me at once.

I manage to dodge their blows and send them crashing and tumbling into each other. Then someone had to pull out sword.