Chapter 1: Camp

CRASH!

Shards of glass went everywhere.

I rolled over in bed drowsily.

"Huh...?"

"Julia wake up! Its the day! We're going to Camp Elkwood!"

I'm Julia, I have brown hair and blue eyes. I'm 16 years old.

"C'mon! Up, Up!"

And that's Kaitlyn my best, best friend in the whole entire universe.

She has brown hair and hazel eyes. She is also 16 years old.

"Katy why'd you smash through my window? We have a front door you know. And its only 2:30 in the morning.. the bus doesn't leave until 6:00."

"I'm sorry, I'm just so excited! The whole summer in some remote place surrounded by beautiful things to see, smell, hear, and touch! Ahh.. it's like heaven...," she says laying on the foot of my bed.

"I know right, I still can't believe our parents paid all that money for us to go all summer! We are going to have so much fun. But why can't I bring my cell phone?"

"The camp says we have to be more.. "connected with nature" or something. But I still don't see why nature doesn't allow me to be connected with my friends and family," says Kaitlyn.

We both sat there giggling and talking until my alarm when off.

It was 5:00, a whole hour to get ready.

The sun wasn't even up yet but we didn't care because we were way too excited to be tired.

Katy went back over to her house next door to get ready and I jumped into the shower.

I got out and dried off. I got dressed in a ruffly white tanktop, that had sparkles on it and a pair of jeans. I left my hair down and put on white feather earrings.

I wore my white sneakers and tied up the laces tightly.

I brushed my teeth then headed out to my bedroom.

My dog Chimera came walking in and licked my hand.

I sat at her level and hugged her.

"I'm going to miss you so much Chi!"

I gave her a pat on her head and started packing my duffel.

I packed clothes, an extra pair of sneakers, my hairbrush, my toothbrush, socks, bug spray, and two Twix bars.

Then I walked downstairs and into the kitchen, I sat my duffel on the floor and took my plate of waffles to the table.

"You excited about today?" My dad asked.

"You bet I am! I can't wait!"

My mom sat down next to me.

"Remember Jules, be careful out there, you never know what can happen."

"I will Mom, don't worry." I heard an engine outside

I looked at the clock, 6:05.

"Oh no I'm late!"

"Bye mom." I gave her a hug.

"Bye dad." I gave him a hug.

"Be safe," They both said

"I will!" Then I went outside with my duffel and climbed onto the bus, to see Kaitlyn waiting for me.

And so my adventure begins.

(Hey people :D Jules here, this is my first story, hope you enjoy ;D)