48. Confrontation

I looked into his eyes, gulping lightly.

For someone who just killed a man less than a minute ago, I wasn't feeling very competent or strong.

"H - ah, hey Namjoon."

"Rap Monster," he corrected, and I knew I was in trouble.

Even though he was pinning me to the wall in an almost violent way, I couldn't help but remember all the times we'd been in this position, in better situations.

It had been so long since I'd seen him, and now he was here, his hands were on my wrists, his legs pressing mine back against the wall, his breath angrily fanning onto my face.

I gulped lightly, shifting my eyes over to see the blond guy standing behind him.

I looked just in time to see 2 figures slip in, one catching the blond off guard while the other slipped in between me and Namjoon.

And then GD's back was pressed against me, and Namjoon was quickly jumping away as GD's legs brushed against him.

"What the fuck is this?!"

"Guys, I told you not to follow me. It's okay, Na - he's a friend."

I hoped so, at least.

"Where do you think you're going off, pushing her against a wall while she's still healing, you stupid child!"

And then they were all arguing, and I leaned my head against the wall, catching my breath and trying not to roll my eyes at them too much.

"Wait, you said healing?"

Namjoon turned to look at me, and his eyes scanning my body, for the first time spotting the scabs coating my arms and legs, and the bruises, the scrapes, the scars.

He turned to GD, almost roaring. "What did you do to her?!"

I reached out, against my better judgement, laying a hand on Namjoon's shoulder.

"It wasn't them, they've been helping me. It was B-Free."

I shuddered just saying his name.

"I'm gonna kill him, when I get my hands on him, I'm gonna fucking kill him - "

"She already did."

I winced, looking to the ground and picking at my fingers.

Like a phantom haunting, I felt his blood on me, I could never wash it clean, and now Bobby too -

And then Namjoon was hugging me, and I had no idea what to think about that.

His mood swings were almost crazier than TOP's 3 AM activities.

Everyone looked just as surprised as me.

I hugged back, swallowing back the pathetic sobs that were clawing at my throat.

I wasn't going to cry over B-Free again, no. Nor was I going to break down about Bobby in front of everyone.

Namjoon let go of me, holding my shoulders gently and staring at my face.

This time, he was soft and kind, and I smiled at him.

"Namjoon, I missed you."

I was worried he would correct me again.

"I missed you too."

He carefully wiped my cheek; I hadn't noticed that a few stray tears had escaped.

I turned to GD and TOP.

"I told you guys not to follow me," but I'm glad you did.

They only grinned at me.

"We just had to make sure you were safe first. But now that you have these two... I guess we'll leave."

"I'm serious about keeping in touch!"

And then they were walking away.

I turned to look at the blond man, who was standing there as if he didn't know whether to speak or just stand quietly.

"Oh yeah," Namjoon laughed, a tinge of embarrassment obvious in his voice, "this is my friend Jackson. He just returned from China."

Jackson waved, and I laughed, giving him a small salute wave.

"So, care to explain why you left and went to our enemy."

It wasn't a question.

Others may have found Namjoon's word choice as a tad dramatic; but it was true.

They were more than rivals. They wanted us dead and annihilated.

Us?

Yes, I was always a part of Bangtan. Sometimes it got a little confusing, but it's true.

"I wanted to go in and see how much trouble I could cause them, before finding a way to undermine them and ruin their system."

Namjoon nodded, though his eyes were reprimanding me.

"And then I got, kind of tied up." Literally. "Bobby," I motioned to the dead body, a lump forming in my throat, " convinced the leader that I was sent in by you, and then," I motioned down my injured body, "this happened."

I didn't mention that it had been a recurring cycle of Bobby doubting me and B-Free teaching me lessons.

Namjoon clenched his fists, and Jackson looked at me, his face appearing soft as it scrunched in concern.

I waved both of them off; if they got emotional, I would too.

"The boys that came, they helped me out, and I stayed with them for a while. But now, I'm ready to come back."

My throat closed up and my chest clenched as I looked at Namjoon.

Now, to find out if they would take me back....

"If I can."

Namjoon looked me over, his face tight as he thought deeply.

"You ran away. You broke the rules and then you left for someone else."

Sounded personal.

I actually winced a little, shame coating me as if I was being scolded by a parent.

"I should punish you severely."

I held in the urge to shiver; I hadn't been lying about B-Free's torture being amateur compared to Jimin, and Jungkook.

I would take it if it meant that I could come back home.

They were my home, after all.

"But you've obviously suffered enough."

He put his arm around me, pulling me to his side.

"So let's go home."

Jackson coughed, obviously feeling left out.

"Well, I've gotta go, but I'll see you in the Underground?"

Namjoon nodded, and Jackson walked away.

With Namjoon holding me close, I returned to the place that I had dreaded and longed to return to.