Prologue

A/N: Thank you for reading this story!

I don't expect this to have a lot of reads, votes, and comments because it seems there are a few Arslan Senki fanfics and a few reads them. Even after knowing this, I want to write this story because I love Arslan Senki.

I hope you enjoy!

Sena was born in northern Pars to a noble family. Her father is a count of the Fortress Grahadi and they had a fair amount of slaves to maintain the place. Her mother died when giving birth to Sena.

Within the fortress is a retired General that once served at Citadel Peshawar

Within the fortress is a retired General that once served at Citadel Peshawar. He was old, already in his late sixties. He and Sena's father are dear friends and they made a deal. The general will stay in the residence and be fed as long as he protects the family.

Being a noble child, Sena didn't have to worry about anything. No hunger, tire, work, and the like. Everything was given to her.

The slaves don't hold any malicious intent towards their masters because Sena's family aren't abusive. Sena's father and mother were once normal people and they rose in ranks because of business. That is the primary reason why they don't abuse slaves.

Fellow nobles who see themselves high and mighty doesn't acknowledge Sena's family to be nobles. This caused a bad reputation for them.

Even with their reputation and origins, the family kept getting richer and richer. The jealous counts and nobles decided to eliminate them and stole their riches.

At the age of seven, Sena was driven out of her house. With the General by her side to protect her, they flee to the closest village. The assassins stole all the valuables they had, burned the fortress, and killed the slaves and everyone in the residence.

Sena will never forget that day. The amount bloodshed and death that happened before her would never be erased. And the execution of her father by a sword to the heart will forever remain.

The General and Sena took residence in the small village. It was then where the retired general taught Sena how to be strong both in body and mind. She would cook, do laundry, clean, and hunt. Raised by the General, wielding weapons was inevitable.

The General continues to fulfill his promise to protect Sena even if he had nothing to gain from it. Teaching her to protect herself and survive would serve her good in the future, he thought. So whenever the time comes that he no longer will be there, his teachings will protect Sena.

Six peaceful years had gone by and Sena was already thirteen. The General was in his early seventies. If the days would continue like this, the General would live up to his nineties and die by old age. By then, Sena would be around thirty and has become an adult that can surely protect herself.

Unfortunately, the peace has come to an end when an extreme drought fell upon northern Pars. The lake that served as their source of water dried and the village was struggling with famine. It caused the villagers to get food even if it meant attacking their own people or stealing from them.

Because of old age, the General's immunity to sickness is low and with the extreme heat and lack of food, he got sick with fever. He would even give his small share of food to Sena even with his condition. Sena was filled with despair. There's no food, water, or medicine to help him.

When she planned to go to the neighboring village to get food by force, the General stopped her because his wish was to stay with her until the very end. Respecting his wish, Sena stayed by his side. After two days, the General's suffering ended and he died. He was buried on a small hill were he and Sena had trained.

The village can no longer support itself. No food, no water, and it's people were left to die and struggle. Others went mad from heat and starvation.

Sena left the village with nothing but her clothes and the sword given by the General, hoping to come across water, people, or even berries. She was saved from starvation when soldiers from the army was patrolling the area and gave her food.

From then on, she travelled the lands, never stopping. Sena was looking for something, she was looking for her purpose in life. Hopefully that traveling would give her answers, she continued on.

Whenever she would encounter a city or village, she would work to gain money and eat properly. Along the way she bought a horse and travelled from kingdom to kingdom back and forth, and killed people.

She killed to defend herself because there were bandits, and corrupt soldiers. Death and blood was no longer new to her because it's a normal thing in this world and in this time.

Along the way, she found a position that changed her life. At the age of fifteen, suggested by the people she worked for, she stepped forth as a Freelancer.