Chapter 12: Kashan Fortress

Sena fled the capital, meeting Daryun and Narsus on the way back to hideout. Each told their encounter with the masked man and the three agreed that he's dangerous. Of course, the brunette heard Daryun's story and learned that it was the masked man who killed Vahriz. It angered her, if only she knew that it was he who killed Vahriz, then she would've killed him then an there.

They find their way back to Prince Arslan and the others, who were fine. Sitting around the fire, the three reported to their prince. Arslan was bothered by their news, especially with how Lusitanian soldiers are controlling Ecbatana.

"How can we find more allies?" Arslan asked, being the only person standing while the others are seated.

"Your highness, to do that you must announce to the people that in the future you will abolish the unjustifiable policies that the kingdom has supported until now." Narsus spoke, who is the most suited to talk.

"First of all, your Highness, you should state the things that you want to accomplish. And it will be our pleasure to make it happen." He pointed out.

"That is our job, as your subjects." Sena added in.

"I will be counting on you then." Arslan says with cloudless eyes.

♔♕♖♗♘ Arslan Senki ♞♝♜♛♚

And so, Arslan's group continued their journey to look for more allies. This time, a whole lot of Lusitanian soldiers are behind them. The sun is setting and it would be dark soon. They should lose the soldiers before dark or it'll be dangerous.

"How many are in pursuit?" Gieve yells as they were in a chase.

"Around five hundred cavalrymen." Narsus yells back.

"That's too many. I could handle four hundred on my own but..." Gieve says, as if it's his problem alone.

Four hundred eh? Sena thought, analyzing if it's true or not.

"Worry not, we can divide the five hundred men to ourselves. That would be two-hundred-and-fifty men each." The assassin said.

"Lord Narsus, do not pay any mind to Gieve's nonsense. And Lord Daryun will be coming back soon." Farangis joins the conversation. "Your Highness, please bear with this for now."

"I will." Arslan replies.

Finding the right time to attack, Farangis, Gieve and Sena started shooting arrows at the enemy. With that, the enemy team also shot back.

"The Djinn are telling me that we have the wind as our ally." Farangis pointed out.

With the wind blowing back, the arrows would not hit Arslan's group.

"Your Highness!" Daryun enters the battlefield and leads the group to the place they're heading to.

"You're finally back! That took you long enough!" Sena yells.

Making their horses run even faster, they near a cliff with a hole in the middle. When near enough, a horn was heard throughout the field and Parsian soldiers above the cliff started shooting arrows at the enemy. With the unexpected attack, the Lusitanian army retreats, leaving the Parsian soldiers yell in victory.

Feeling safe and secured in the Kashan Fortress, Arslan and the rest slowed their pace. As they enter the fortress, too many slaves were to be seen. Soldiers and slaves alike bow their head before the prince.