Chapter 5: Everything Gone Wrong

A/N: I am sorry if you are bothered by the fact that Sena is 20 years old. Some may find it too old but I had to at least make it compatible to Daryun, who is 27 years old. The age difference is seven years (which is a huge gap).

Arslan is 14, having an age difference of 6 years with Sena. Narsus is 26. Farangis and Gieve is 22. Elam is 13. Alfreed is 16. Jaswant... Unkown.

Ellia is 23 years old.

♔♕♖♗♘ Arslan Senki ♞♝♜♛♚

"The thought of being a Marzban! I am already known for three titles and I don't need another." Sena walks around in the same place at the same time. She was confused and overwhelmed since this morning.

King Andragoras III made an open forum of making Sena a Marzban and it shocked the court. She could be the first female Marzban in history.

Lord Vahriz sighs, hearing this for at least two dozen times. "Sena, why don't you want to be a Marzban?" This old man doesn't understand why Sena disapproves of the title.

"Lord Vahriz, I have no honor and dignity on the battlefield. How can I be a Marzban?" The brunette pointed out, not knowing what to do.

Was I supposed to be happy?

Marzban, the highest military position that can ever be given. They command ten-thousand cavalry men, and Marzbans serve as border-defenders.

"Wether you have honor or not, to be offered the title of Marzban is something you don't just throw away. The King acknowledges your strength and skill on the same level as the other Marzbans." Vahriz was getting impatient with Sena. He likes her to accept the title because she deserves it from all the hard work she did for three years. She should be happy to serve His Majesty as a Marzban.

By now, the people probably already knows that the King is planning to make me a Marzban.

A word got out from the castle that the King is planning to make the Empress of a Hundred Weapons a Marzban. Meanwhile, Sena's clients within Ecbatana were shocked to hear the news. The Freelancer Sena, is to be a Marzban.

"I just can't see myself to be on par with Daryun, Kharlan, Kubard, Shapur, and the other Marzbans. The titles Royal Family's Assassin and Empress of a Hundred Weapons are enough. Isn't being a Marzban getting ahead of myself?"

There was a long pause as Sena halted in her tracks. Doubt filled her mind.

"If I accepted the position of Marzban, won't the others be jealous? I already have two titles and with Marzban as an addition, people won't help but feel like I'm favored by the King."

King Andragoras gave Sena a title at a young age of seventeen. He always asks her to do his bidding and takes her to the battlefield as much as possible. Sena and the those in-command knew that the King only does so because he is using her to his advantage but others think she is favored by His Majesty.

Sena can ignore the rumors within the castle that she was given a title with the reasons, she is favored by the King and that she was using Prince Arslan. She has no fame as a spy and assassin to the people, only to the enemy kingdoms. But she a well-known Freelancer.

She wasn't publicly announced to the people in any way by the King but she joins the march to the castle after a battle, which causes rumors among the people. People would ambush and attack her since then, only to be defeated in numerous ways. By a bow and arrow, sword, dagger, mace, sickle, it depended on what she used. Thus, earning her the title "Empress of a Hundred Weapons".