Opened Wounds

"I tried to sever ties and I ended up with wounds to bind. It was like you're pouring salt in my cuts. I just ran out of band-aids. I don't even know where to start because you can bendage the damage. You can never really fix a heart. Even now I know what's wrong, how could I be so sure if you don't say what you feel, feel? I must've held your hand so tight. You didn't have the will to fight. I guess you needed more time to heel. Baby I just ran out of bandaids. I don't even know where to start. You can bendage the damage, but you can never really fix a heart."

There they sat. They were cuddled together on the couch in the cold pale white walls of the waiting room. They were in the hospital waiting for Juan's friend to arrive so they could go get Alisha's car. Alisha and Juan were in a heavy makeout session. Remembering of how they first met, she couldn't keep her hands off him. She wanted him now, but she knew that was impossible due to their current condition.

"Alisha?"

Alisha opened her eyes frozen in place at the sound of that oh so familiar voice. She broke away from Juan and moved farther from him. 'It couldn't be. I must be seeing things. He can't be here. Seeing me. Kissing Juan. This is all too much.' With that last thought Alisha fainted to the couch, falling to the floor.

"Alisha!' both voices shouted in fear. Alisha could hear Juan and Timothy as she zoned in and out of consciousness. 'Oh no! Timothy has found out. I am not going to have any boyfriends now. I'll lose all the ones I love all because of my indecisiveness. This is all my fault.' And her head tilted backwards. She was gone.