Another world.

It was a very long journey to our destination but , hey, I am not complaining. The long road trip was beyond perfect. Everything was good. The sunset, my family and the occasional treats I got really did make the trip wonderful.

On the way, Sam kept on singing along with beautiful songs that came out of this thing called 'rodio' or 'radio' or something like that. But the thing was the way she sang was very very different from the original song. That made it all the more amusing . Seeing the horrified expression on Sid's face made me cringe and explode with laughter at the same time. But being the carefree girl she was, Sam kept on singing or rather 'tried' to sing , ignoring our pleas to stop .

After Sam's singing session, it was followed by Sid entertaining everyone by actually singing. I never knew he sang so well. I had heard him sing occasionally while he bathed but the song was muffled by the sound of running water.

After the initial few hours, mom and uncle drifted off to dream land and dad was so concentrated on the road that I had to depend on the siblings for my dose of entertainment. By that time, they were playing this weird game where you put stone, paper and scissors with your hand and some combination of the three fetched you points. It got sooo boring that even I slept , in a car, in sitting position ...imagine that!

I was woken up by Sam and Sid screaming their throats off to a song in the rodio. Together, they were a lethal duo. Even though they had their differences, nobody other than themselves were allowed to criticise the other. They were weirdly protective of each other. They were just perfect and I was an addition to their bond, I was their 'little bro' or so they said.

After hours and hours, dad finally said that we would reach in an hour or so . The kids pretty much bouced with excitement and so did I. Finally I felt like an integral part of the family. I just couldn't wait to reach!

An hour flew by and at last, we reached our destination. It was this big house , they called it a cottage. It had a huge lake to its left side and an area with lots of trees and plants to the right. Behind the cottage , there was a huge swing which I Knew that that Sam and Sid would love!

As I started to roam, uncle called me back and asked me to not wander off far. I obediently nodded my head and went off to explore, sticking closer to the cottage.

I neared the lake and took a look at my reflection. I had heard the story of one of my ancestors losing his bone because he thought the reflection was another dog who was going to steal his bone, so he barked and the bone fell to the water. I was way too clever to do such stupidity or so I hope. I could hear the squeals of laughter from the cottage and I mentally groaned because I knew that Sam and Sid were having another tickle fight which would end with both of them kicking and scratching each other and finally I would have to interfere to break off the fight. Knowing that I would be needed soon, I slowly made my way back to the cottage and true to my word, both of them were fighting. I jumped in front of Sid and barked at him to back off. He might be my brother and best friend but nobody , I mean NOBODY, can hurt Sam when I am there.

After the fight and dinner, I laid on Sam's feet as she sat on a chair playing cards with the rest of the family. I heard them say before that they had specifically chosen this "resort" because it was pet friendly. I felt a surge of happiness thinking that they went to such an extent of effort just for me.

Our plan was to stay there for 4 days and come back the day before school opened for Sam and Sid .

After a long night of playing cards, they finally retired to bed and I jumped on to Sam's bed and curled up at her feet.

The next day was super lazy. Since there was no school or work, everybody got up late. After a quick shower and breakfast, they charted out the days plans and I intently listened to every word they spoke even though all of it made no sense to me.

After an hour of planning, we decided to go for a swim in the lake. After the kids changed, we raced to the lake. I won!

As soon as we reached the lake I jumped in followed by an excited Sam and kinda scared Sid. When all of us were inside the lake, we splashed water at each other or more like they splashed water on me.

Mom , dad and uncle sat on the chairs laid out next to the lake . They looked at us smiling and at times they randomly clicked a few pictures using the 'camera'.

I am sure the photos were awesome, after all I was in it!
After 2 hours, we finally came out due to the constant bullying by our parents that they would take us hame right away if we didn't get out of water. When the threats became serious, we grudgingly got out of water. The kids dried themselves with a thick cloth while I just shook myself.

The rest if the day was pretty lazy with all of us indoors, playing , laughing and recollecting old memories.
It was a memorable day snd I knew that I would never forget this perfect day.
____________________________

A/N
^_^
Hey guys!!! I kow that I haven't updated in a long while because I had my exams going on and because I had no access to Internet. So sorry...
Thank u sooo much for reaching 1k!!!! It means a lot to someone who started off with the dream of 50 reads!!!!
Pls do continue being soo awesome and fab!!!
Don't forget to vote plsss!!!! And comment also??
Lots of love
Smk
😙😙😙😙😙
P.s I am addicted to " this is what you came for" by calvin harris and rihanna. ..are u???
!also....song suggestions pls???

That's it

Byeeeee amazing people....till next time. 💙💚💛💜