Chapter 6: Childhood Memories.

The sound of screams filled your ears as your eyes slowly fluttered open. You gazed around disoriented and noticed you were in some kind of basement; with bloody puddles on the floor. You yelped and tried to stand up when you realised that your hands were tied to the post on the middle of the room. You looked up and saw four meat hooks above you; connected to the same post you were tied to.

The screams grew louder and you panicked - searching for something, anything to get free.
You spotted a large shard of glass on the floor - it looked like it was a piece from a flashlight or something. You used your foot to kick it closer and then used both feet to hold it up to your hands.

"LET ME GO! PLEASE!" A familiar voice screeched and you quickly cut the rope. The Killer and this person were right above you - and from the sounds of it the Killer had the person in his grasp. You hurriedly opened a locker and got in - closing the door just in time as the Killer carried no one other than Dwight down the stairs.

"SOMEBODY SAVE MEEEE!" He howled desperately and you clasped a hand over your mouth to silence your breathing. The Killer shouted in fury when he noticed you weren't tied to the post anymore and shoved Dwight onto the nearest meat hook. Dwight moaned in pain loudly and the Killer slashed at him with the cleaver in annoyance.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" The Killer roared angrily.

"I don't know! I don't know!" Dwight sobbed hysterically as the these spidery arms magically appeared and tried to stab him.

"She's mine. She's mine. I will find her." The Killer snarled repeatedly and left the basement. You shivered slightly and left the locker, feeling very alone and very scared.

"(Y/n)! You have to save me!" Dwight pleaded vainly and you narrowed your eyes.

"I don't have to do anything. Besides; you left Claudette and I to die. And then you didn't help her again! Why should I save you?" You snapped back as you watched him struggle against the Entity.

"I'm sorry! Please! Don't let me die!" He begged and you rolled your eyes.

"Fine. But abandon any of us again and-" You warned coldly.

"Okay, okay! Thank you!" He interrupted pitifully as you reached for his shoulder.

But something stopped you from touching him; and your arms fell limply to the sides. Don't save him. Let him die.

"Huh?" You wondered curiously and Dwight coughed to get your attention. Let him die.

"(Y/n)! Get me off this thing!" He wailed irritatingly. Let him die. Let him die.

"I'm trying!" You retorted worriedly and noticed more black mist. For fucks sake.
Fuck off Entity! Let him die. Let him die. Let him die.

"You're not even moving! You want me to die! You're a horrible person!" Dwight whined childishly and you ignored him as you tried to move.

"I can't move! Give me a second here - I'm trying to break free!" You yelled angrily.

"From what? You want me dead don't you?!" Dwight complained as he fought against the Entity.

"Just SHUT UP!" You shouted anxiously and kept trying to break the Entity's hold on you. You concentrated deeply and finally you took a step forwards.But you were too late; the spidery arms stabbed Dwight from the front and back, killing him instantly.

"Dwight!" You cried in horror and watched his body almost disintegrate, until it was a ghostly outline. The spidery arms of the Entity wrapped itself around the soul/body of Dwight and pushed it upwards through the top of the room and into the sky.

"I'm sorry Dwight." You said defeatedly and was about the basement when something in the corner caught your eye.

You moved towards it curiously and picked it up. It was a...Toy rabbit? It looked so familiar...

[Flashback]
"Hey, are you okay?" You asked the little boy in front of you pleasantly.

Your father and Archie Mcmillan were partners in trading, and constantly met together to discuss work. This time your father had brought you along; because there was no one at home to watch you. The little boy just looked at you - almost sadly and you smiled.

"Oh I know! Why don't you have this to cheer you up?" You exclaimed kindly and gave him the toy rabbit.

"Thank you." The little boy replied emotionlessly - but he did give a small smile.

"I know it's girlish but it's really cute! My name's (Y/n) by the way." You told him happily.

"I'm Evan...Evan Macmillan." Evan responded, gazing at you in what seemed to be...adoration.

"Well it's nice to meet you Evan." You laughed cutely. For the rest of the visit you just chatted  to Evan about random things and he seemed to enjoy listening.

"Come along (Y/n). It's time to go." Your father ordered curtly and you aww-ed.

"Wait! Don't go." Evan pleaded quietly as you gave him a sad smile.

"I'm sorry Evan, I have to. I'll come back and see you, 'kay?" You promised sweetly and followed your father to the car.
[End of Flashback]

You couldn't keep your promise though because shortly after you made it, Archie Macmillan went mad and suffocated his miners in the mine. Your father made the family move far away because he was so spooked. That was fifteen years ago. You never saw Evan Macmillan again. But what if...

"-Evan never left?" You finished the thought aloud as you held the rabbit. Now that you think about it, wasn't this the Macmillan Estate? So if Evan never left...

"You don't remember me?" The Killer's question echoed in your mind and you gasped; dropping the toy rabbit.

"Oh...my...god..." You whispered in realisation. The Killer was Evan Macmillan!

"He's kept this toy rabbit for 15 years... But why?" You questioned aloud confusedly and bent down to pick it up again.

"...Because I love you."