Chapter 9 - The Deal

A/N: Another late chapter! Busy bee!

***

I arrived at the park five minutes late. But I’m sure Zach would make a big deal of it. I admit that I’m also nervous, of course everybody knows how Zach gets mad. I mean it can be really scary. I parked my car and craned by neck over the place looking for him.  The moment my eyes Iaid on his familiar figure, he was checking his watch. I slowly walked towards him and discreetly sat beside him, since his head was turned the other way.  I tried to compose myself.  I was still panting because of running a while ago.

He turned to my direction and jumped up his seat.

“God, Tanya! You scared the hell out of me!” He said, putting a hand in his chest. I’m glad I scared him. It can add to the possibility that he won’t get mad at me.

“Sorry.” I muttered.

“Do you even know what time is it?!” The scare forgotten.

“9:05 am?” I said nervous.

“No!” He growled.   “It’s freaking 9:10 am!” He said,  almost shouting at me. “Didn’t I tell you not to let me wait?  I have plans you know?”

“I also had plans you know? And FYI youre the one who told me to meet here.” I retorted.

“You’re still late though.” He said.

“Didn’t I te-“ I was about to continue m sentence when he interrupted me.

“Whatever you say, I don’t care anymore.” He said looking bored. “So can we start now?” He said.

“Start what?” I said, confused.

“Start the talking. Duh!” He said.

“Aren’t we talking already?” I said. Trying to piss him off.

“You’re really a pain in the ass!” He said while rubbing the back of his neck. “Come on. Lets sit right there.”  He said gesturing to the bench.

“Okay.” I muttered and followed him. We walked a little until we reached the bench, and we sat down in an awkward silence.

“So I want to talk to you about something.” He’s the first one to speak.

“Shoot.” I said.

“You see. I have a sister. I twin sister actually.” He said trying to keep calm.

“You have a sister? A twin sister? That’s awesome! I can’t wait to tell the others about this! What does she look like? Are you two really alike?” I panicked. Who knows he has a sister. But not only a sister. A twin sister. I’m imagining what Zach would look like if he was a girl. I bet he will also be beautiful.

“Wait!” He hollered. “This is what I’m afraid of.” He muttered.

This is what he’s afraid of? I really don’t get it. Why is he telling me this? Maybe I should let him finish first.

“Sorry, Please continue.” I said in a low voice.

“Okay as I said, I have a twin sister and were super close but she rarely get home now a days, Because she’s very busy with her career. She’s  very popular in New York in fashion industry. And now she surprised me by coming home. I asked her what’s her purpose in coming home, she said, she just want to visit and know if I already have a girlfriend I said none. And she said that she’s going to set me up with some of  her girlfriends that’s why I gave up and said that I have a girlfriend.” He paused.  But before he could continue I interrupted him.

“Why are you telling me this?” I don’t really know what’s his deal. He even have a girlfriend, Georgina, So why is he even telling her sister that his single.

“Will you be my fake girlfriend?” He blurted out. I was shoked. I didn’t see that coming. I can’t even think straight. I don’t know what to say. But ‘fake’?

“ ‘fake’? I can’t understand.”  I don’t wanna sound so desperate but I’m sure it came out that way. But no way I’m falling for this big-headed jerk.

“Yes, Fake. You see because my family want’s to see me with a decent girlfriend. And yes, fake, I’m so sorry I don’t wanna be your ‘real’ boyfriend even if you wanted too.” He said smirking. Ugh! I promise one day I’m gonna wipe off that sexy smirk of him! What?! Sexy?! Seriously Tanya? Ugh!

“I don’t either want to be your girlfriend! You phsyco! Wait, so do you think I’m decent?” I said, now it’s my turn to smirk.

“No! It’s just ecause Georgina is so beautiful so I need to pick a girl uglier. You know because she’s too high for my parents standards.” He said still smirking.

“Whatever helps you sleep at night.” I muttered.

“So deal?” He said reaching his hand out to shake hands with me, I tapped my chin to pretend that I’m thinking.

“Wait in one condition, we need to start the project early.” I said.

“Wow. You changed your mind huh.” He said still reaching his hand out.

“Whatever. Okay. So deal.” I said, taking his hand.

“So I’ll pick you up on Sunday. 6:30 pm . Be ready.” He said while walking away.

“Wait! What should I wear?” I said shouting.

“Anything decent!” He said also shouting.

“Thanks, that helps a lot!”

“Okay, you’re welcome! By the way, Don’t make me wait!”

“Phsyco.” I muttered.

“I heard that!”

I didn’t reply anymore. Because I’m too worried of what should I wear.

This is going to be a long week end.

****

Vomment <3