Letter #4

I can fake a smile
I can force a laugh
I can dance and play the part

'Cause I'm only human.

-Christina Perri,   Human.

Dear June,

Today was some day huh? Mom almost found out about you. She almost came close to the truth about her perfect little daughter. But how? You've been so careful all these years. Always cleaning up the blood after you're done. Always hiding your pills where you know she won't find them. Always covering up so she won't see.

Then why?

Do you want me to tell you? Should I answer the question for you? Alright. Let's break this down, shall we?

You're getting lonely. It's eating you up. You want someone to notice. You need someone to notice that you are dying from within. You want someone to hold you close and tell you that you're going to be fine and that all this is just a phase. You need to know that someone can see through your masks. You need to know that someone cares.

June, tell me I'm wrong. Go on. I dare you to.

Declan is noticing your distance. Your change in behavior. God, he probably thinks you're bipolar. So what? Why are you even thinking about him? Why do you care?

June... he doesn't need your shit in his life.

And let's face it, YOU are no damsel in distress. He's no prince charming (though he sure looks the part). This is reality. And for you it's a little messed up. And I guess that's okay.

Let me spell it out for you nice and slow.

You are better off alone. Shit that's a little harsh. What to do?

Sure it's going to be tough but at least you will have some amount of surety. What's the point trusting somebody? It always backfires for you, doesn't it. Also, like I said, you need to figure this out- whatever this is.

So stay away. Don't wreck someone else. Don't show him your scars. Don't open up to him. Don't let him tell you that he will help you. Don't let him be there for you. Don't break down your walls.

I think I need a new dictionary. My definition of life is a little fucked up.

-June.