Chapter 38

*Last chapter of the book!*

Luke and I sat in the doctors office for another 20 minutes before he and I completely composed ourselves.

We walked out to the car as I was clinging to the the results. We got in the car and my eyes were blurry. I said nothing nor did Luke

"I'm sorry." He said holing my hand

"Luke, don't be sorry. It's not your fault!" I said fighting back the tears.

"But I bet you somewhere down the line it will be me." He said apologetically

"Please don't beat yourself up about this. It's not your fault and it never will be. Now let's think positively." I said faking a smile

Luke started the car and we drove back to the houses. Once we see home I gathered everyone on the sofas and I began to explain.

"You're all probably wondering why I've made you all come sit down and yada yada yada, but yesterday I found a lump in my on my right ovary, so this morning I went to the doctor to get it check as I was vomiting all night last night. So I've got the results back and... I. Sorry" I said breaking Down into tears.

"They. Told me I have ovarian cancer..." I cried

The mouths of each person just dropped.
Katie ran up to me and cried into my shoulder.

The rest of the group just sat in silence. It wasn't awkward,it was horrible. So gloomy and broken.

Katie clung onto me for a good 5 minutes just crying.

"I start chemotherapy a week today the doctor said." I added

Everyone slowly dispersed into a near by toilet to either get tissue or just full frontal cry

"I'm sorry to break it this way." I said with guilt

"No. Don't be sorry" Jai said wiping away a tear

*2 months later*

Luke's POV

Tia has just been deteriorating by day. The cancer has spread into her lymph nodes  and rapidly. She has lost all her hair due to chemotherapy.  She was weak. Pale in the face. Her mum and mine are here also to support the rest of us just for now. Tia is still carrying the babies and they are all well and healthy.

"Luke!" Tia said with a scream

"What's wrong!?" I said panicking

"My water is broken. I'm trying to be calm but what do I do!" She said just don't move

I ran to get my mum and hers, I rang 911 and they said they would be less than 5 minutes. I got back to the room with a load of towels and a blanket.

Tia looked so tired and drained. Her fragile body laying there helplessly.

"Oh my gosh. The baby is coming." She said pushing. I felt sick I wanted to be there but I was about to vomit so her mum and mine stayed with her and the rest of us waited patiently downstairs.

*after birth*

I walked in the room and Tia's face was cherry red. She was holding both boys in her arms

"Welcome to the world boys" I said kissing there little heads

"Names?" My mum said

"Yeah, the eldest is going to be called Wesley and the youngest is Oscar" Tia said

"Beautiful" my mum said

"Tia? Tia! Are you okay!?" I yelled

"Everyone leave the room please" the paramedic said.

*10 minutes later*

I heard Tia crying

"Help me please! Just let me! I can't deal with it!" She was yelling.

She was strapped to the stretcher and was carried out to the ambulance closely followed by the new borns. Her mum got in the ambulance with her and was rushed away.

"Bro don't worry she'll be okay" beau said clinging onto my neck.

I needed to go to that hospital. I got beau to come with. As I got down stairs gabby and Katie were both crying James was absolutely mortified by what had just happened and Jai was said looking worried.

I walked out the door and got in the car. Beau sped to the hospital and we saw Tia getting wheeled in she wasn't talking. I could just hear the sound of her trying to fill air between each cry.

I walked in and followed the stretcher.

"Excuse me! Sir you can't go down there!" One of the nurses said.

I carried on going I reach my mum. She pulled me into a hug.

"She's okay. Don't worry" I couldn't help but cry as I could see her through the window with doctors swarming her.

She was being put on life support and on oxygen. I could see the twinkle in her eye. And the tears rolling effortlessly down her cheeks.

*10 minutes later*

She looked up and saw me. She used so much of her energy to smile at me... Her mum was sat by her bed side as the heart monitor beeped.

"Can I go see her please?" I asked one of the doctors

"Of course" he said. I walked in and rushed straight over to her I hugged her so tight.

I sat down on the chair beside her and just stared at her. Her eyes filled with an ocean blue. Her lips were plumb purple , skin was pale and her body limp and fragile. I clutched her hand and she had nothing in her to clench back.

\___/\___/\___/\___/\___/\___/\____

She turned her head towards me.

"I love you Luke..." She closed her eyes one last tear fell from her eye

"I love you too Tia. I love you too." I said Bowing my head.

____________________________

"And that's how she passed away..." I said to 8 years old Wesley and Oscar

"Was mommy pretty?" Oscar asked

"She wasn't pretty. She was beautiful."  I said hugging them both one in each arm.

-----------------

That's the end. What did you think?
Leave a comment! Thanks for all the reads I've had on this and votes :)

💋Xx