29. Distance Relationship

Megan Trainer's voice was blasting in my ears and the current adrenaline rush made me quicken my running speed in the early morning. Well... we said our goodbyes to an iconic city and landed in beautiful Australia. Seattle may be no importance to my fellow crew, but will always be iconic to me. It is the city that made me love struck. It is the city that made my heart flips into a new direction. It is the city which made me someone's girlfriend for the first time in my life. Yet! It is not someone, but HIM! And it made me feel more guilty about the person hidden underneath all these layers. Each time I think of him, at the end of that happiness lies my sham persona. He has fallen for Rachel James. What if he rejects the Knights living inside her? What if....

'Rachel? Are you ok?'

My movements had come to an end, which made Aliya to jog back to me.

My heart was accelerating because of the jog, but I guess it has another reason.

'I'm fine Aliya. Just needed to catch my breath.'

Wiping my forehead from the face towel I said.

'If you want we can rest here.'

'Nope. It's fine. Let's go.'

Tapping on her shoulder I got back to my speed.

It's not the time Rachel. Be patient.

My consciousness has become more logical than I thought it was.

It has been almost two weeks, yet the time has not arrived for such a big revelation. He's still my boss. What if he starts judging me?

Let's not come to conclusions yet.

Then, there are my friends. What will they think about me after everything we have been through together?

I wish telling them the truth was easier than this.

'You know Rach? I was thinking about going back to India end of this tour.'

'For good?' I was quenching my thirst by half emptying my bottle, but her slow, composed words were nothing compared to my dehydration.

'Aliya, what's wrong?'

We were getting closer to the main gate of the stadium and were no longer running. With streams of sweat gliding down from the strands of hair, and with aching legs I turned to her.

She stood still.

'Mom called me last night. My grandpa isn't doing well. So they are going back to India.'

'Oh... Sorry to hear that mate. But don't make it hard on yourself. I'm pretty sure he's gonna get stronger by the time. More than all of us, to be precise.'

With a reassured smile I tried to comfort her. Aliya looked up to me with a worried smile. The area was still a little misty and the gigantic arena standing in front of us was not very clear.

'He looked after me when I was a little baby. And now thinking about him and not attending to him when he really needs me make me sad.'

Aliya walked past me towards the gate, but didn't enter. I followed her.

'C'mon Aliya. You are a strong girl. Your parents are there for him. You trust them, don't you?' She nodded.

'See? They will never let anything bad happen to him. Just pray for his health and be happy for him. Your God will never ignore you.'

Well, she did recover from her sudden nervous breakdown. Hope is all I could give to her.

'You know we are here for you, right? I love you so much, sis.'