Chapter Six

I groan when I hear pounding. My head pounding itself. I hear my bathroom door open and someone swearing in Russian. Nat washes and wraps my arm. Yelling at me to put on workout clothes. I put on leggings and a tank top. I meet her in the training room. We train for hours. Her not letting up on me. I collapse to the ground. I go back to my room and shower. I put on sweats and a sweater. I sit at my desk staring at the wall.

"Miss Keria. Mr. Rogers is calling for you."

"Okay Jarvis, where is he?"

"Right here." Steve says, leaning against the door way. "Suit up." I groan. I change in the bathroom. I follow Steve to the other's. I am briefed on the jet. Nat doesn't say a word to me which I honestly don't care. I really don't even want to be here. We are breaking into another one Hydra's bases. I am going with Steve this time. We fall into the base. Steve and I avoid the fighting. He opens a door which leads into a cell. I carefully walk up to the girl.

"Its okay." I coo. She looks at me and what I see shocks me. She attacks me, trying to claw my face. She is ripped off me. I look up at Steve. We leave. Agents surround us. I have no weapons but I do have magic. They want me to use my magic not weapons. I see Steve fighting a lot of them. I sigh and ice the floor, making all the Agents slip. Steve looks at me but I avoid his look. We finishes them off and head back to the others. False information. Of course. We head back home.

*****

Its been a couple days and I've stayed in my room those couple days. Not even going to help Bruce. I've been avoiding everyone. I cant... My phone goes off.

"Hello?"

"Hey Keria." Bri says. She has been away for a while. Family business.

"Bri?"

"Keria...Johnny died...." Johnny is someone from mine and Bri's past. He's been in a coma for years and he's now dead.

"Keria...I'm so sorry..."

"We knew this was going to happen Bri. I.. I just wish I could have said goodbye." Bri sighs.

"Me too. I'm home. Johnny didn't want a funeral so I came home. Want to come over?"

"Be there in ten." I say. I hang up. I wipe the tears and get dress. I put on black ripped skinny jeans and a black half tank top and a red leather jacket. I zip up the knee high boots and grab my phone and bag. 

"Jarvis, once I leave the building tell Mr. Stark that I am going to a friends."

"Okay Miss Keria." I slip out of the building. I climb onto my bike and speed off to Bri's place. She was given her Aunt's house. I pull into her drive. I walk inside. Bri hugs me as she starts sobbing her eyes out. I drop my bag and let her cry. My phone goes off but I ignore it. Bri is more important.

"After so many years in the coma he just leaves us. No goodbye. No warning." She sobs. I place her on the couch and walk into the kitchen.

"Keria..."

"Shut up. Bruce I need you to do me a favor. Can you please look up Johnny Dead and find out how he died. Anything, even if its being covered up. Don't tell the others."

"Okay." I hang up. I go back into the living room and sit down. Bri cries for good two hours. Syaing how sorry she was. Johnny was important to the both of us. Someone knocks on her door. I get up and answer it. I slam it close and swear. I grab my bag and pull Bri into her room, locking the door. I call Steve.

"Rogers."

"Steve, I'm at Bri's and there are Hydra Agents ou...." Bri screams as the windows shatter. "Shit. Steve I need back up." I pull Bri behind me. I slip my phone into my pocket. I attack the one who came in through the window. An ice sword forming in my hand. I stab him and let him fall. I pull the phone back out.

"....on our way..." The line cuts out. I drop my phone and start attacking. I am being jumped when Tony fly's in. I smile and nod at him. I hear a scream and spin around just to see Bri fall to the ground in a lifeless heap. Everything stops as I see my best friends dead body. I let out a cry and fall to my knees. My eyes snap to the person who killed her. Ice forms everywhere as my eyes narrow in on that one person. I can hear someone calling my name but I ignore it. I stand up and start walking toward him. Someone wraps there arms around me and pulls me into their hard chest. I know who it is and all the anger slips away. I would have fallen if it wasn't for Steve. I spin around and cry into his chest. He rubs my back as he lets me cry. I peak at Bri. They are putting a tarp over her body.  The one person who understood everything I went through is dead.