Chapter Seven

Her mother planned her funeral. I am here, watching them bury my best friend. The one person who kept the darkness away. The one person who knows my pain. The one person who....

"Oh Keria." Her mother, Kerry, pulls me into a hug. She cries into my neck. I rub her back. Saying soft words in Irish.

"Keria, remember, no matter what, do not let the darkness win." Kerry whispers. Bri would say that. I nod, sniffling. I am hugged by all of her family. I look over to see her brothers arriving. I run over to them and hurl myself into Mason's arms.

"Keria...Bri...Bri wouldn't want us to cry over her." Mason chokes out. I chuckle. He keeps his arm around me as we side hug and look at her coffin.

"Yeah. She would yell at us both." He chuckles. Mason's youngest son hurls himself into my arms. I hold him through the whole thing.

"Hey buddy, wanna meet some of my new friends?" Mason raises and eyebrow. I lead them over to Steve and the others. Only Steve, Clint and Tony came. Ben gasps.

"YOUR IRON MAN." He squeals.

"Calm down buddy." I giggle. Tony takes him from me.

"Guys this is Bri's eldest brother Mason. Mason this is Steve Rogers, Clint Barton, and Bri's boss Tony Stark."

"We have to go. Maybe we can meet up some other time Keria." I nod. He walks away with Ben.

"Oh Mason who is getting Bri's house?"

"You are." He yells. What? Someone grabs my hands. Steve and Clint both pull me to the cars. They drive back to the tower. I walk in exhausted. I walk to my room without talking to anyone. I close the door. Not wanting to talk to anyone. I hear my door open and close. The lock clicking.

"Keria..." I shake my head. I try and escape into the bathroom but he stops me. I don't look into his eyes.

"What happened? When you saw Bri go down?" I sigh. He forces me to look at him.

"I never wanted to be here. I don't want to hurt you. Or the others. I am not in control of my powers." I say. I didn't realize I was crying till Steve wipes them away.

"You...." I push away from him.

"Don't say I shouldn't worry. I've killed someone I cared about because of my powers." I choke out. I fall to my knees crying. Bri is gone. I am pulled into a warm chest. I wrap my arms around him and cry.

"She's gone." I whisper. He whispers soothing words to me.

******

"Should we wake them?" Someone says.

"She's going to kill you Tony." Another says. I hear Tony laughing.

"No she wont." He chuckles.

"Lady Keria wake up." Thor says. I open my eyes to see I am into Steve's lap still. My legs wrapped around his waist. My head buried in his chest. I blush madly. My phone dings. I move so I don't wake Steve and grab it.

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU TONY." I yell. He squeaks and runs out of the room. My yelling woke Steve up. He looks at me confused. I drop my phone into his lap and storm after Tony.

"Jarvis where is he?" I ask.

"In his workshop." Jarvis takes me there. I storm in to see him rushing to get into his suit. I use ice and stop him. I glare at him as I cross my arms. He smiles innocently. Pepper walks in.

"Tony are you kidding me?" She says. I take her phone. I gasp. All the hate...I rush out. Letting Tony out of his ice prison. He swears.

"KERIA COME BACK." He yells. I rush past everyone and down to the garage. I climb onto my bike and speed off. I go to the one place I find peace. Bri's house. I walk inside and go to her room. Everything has been cleaned up. I sit kneel next to the spot she died.

"I'm sorry Bri. I can't do it anymore. I miss you." I whisper. I move to her bathroom. I grab the knife I hide here. I open twitter and read through the hate comments on the photo of me and Steve cuddling. I sigh. No one loves me. Everyone hates me. No one cares. So no one will care I am dead. Bri is already gone. I lost Johnny. I hear banging. I jump up and peak around the corner. I find someone and stab him. I go to run only to have my face smashed into the wall. Welp, looks like I will get my wish. To die.