Chapter Thirteen

*Two weeks later*

I am in the training room, wearing leggings and a running bra, sparring with Rosie who is in the same outfit as me. I block her punch, and attack her side. She goes down, with me straddling her hips, pinning her legs in place. Someone claps and I get off her. I pull her up. I look at Fury.

"Not bad Keria." I roll my eyes and ignore him. Rosie grabs Bri's bow and goes to target practice. I watch with Fury.

"She's broken." Fury states. I sadly nod.

"She's been through a lot." I say. My eyes trained on her as she shoots. I turn away and walk away. Fury leads me to the Avenger room. They are all here. I raise an eyebrow.

"Keria. We found where they are holding Mason and Ryan." Clint says. My eyes narrow. Master?

"And Master?" I ask. He nods. Fury plays a video. I clench my fists. They are beating the living hell out of Mason, forcing Ryan to watch.

"TELL HER." Someone yells. Mason looks up at the video.

"K-Keria...Ri-Richard says if he doesn't get th-the chip h-he will k-kill me like he k-killed you-your father." My anger spikes. "K-Keria." He screams. I close my eyes and breath deeply. I open them to see everyone looking at me.

"Ask." I demand.

"What is this chip?" Fury asks. I shove a hand through my hair.

"My parents were w-"

"Keria are you sure?" Bruce asks. I smile sadly.

"Like I said, I will show when the time is right, the time is right Bruce." He nods. "My parents were working on this project. Its a machine, a machine that can turn any human into a super soldier." Steve's eyes snap to mine. "I don't know exactly how it works because I was nine when it all happened. They had to stop. Richard was zoning in on our location so they had to hide it. Told me not to tell anyone about it. No one that I don't trust. They've been beating me, trying to get the information. I never gave it. Only one person knows where it is besides me. Not even Bri knew." I sigh.

"Who knows?"

"Bruce." I say. Steve looks at me hurt. "Steve, I didn't tell you because of what it is. This is a curse placed onto my shoulders. Not yours. But I wouldn't give it up for anything. They know my parents told someone about the location of it. They figured they told Johnny at first. But then realized I was their daughter. Maybe I knew. Of course I know." I shove a hand through my hair and slam my fist onto the table. Scaring Tony. "You need to understand, this project could end everything. No one can have a hold of it."

"Keria, if yo-"

"Don't even pull that bullshit Fury. If I give it to you, you will use it. My parents never wanted that. The only reason they made it was to help Cancer victims." I yell. "This machine is suppose to help but everyone wants to use it. It can kill. Its why they hid it so very well." My eyes meet Bruce's. "But now they have Mason and Ryan. God damn it. I cant let them die. I cant go through that again."  I yell.

"Keria, we can help..."

"Nat, I don't want you to help. This is my fight. Not yours. I never told you guys this but I have a little sister. She was four when they killed our parents and I was taken away. I told her to hide when I went to help. I couldn't save them. They died because I couldn't save them. But I saved my sister. I haven't seen her in ten years. I have no clue if she is safe. But I do know that this is my fight. I never thought I could let anyone in. I put up walls so I could protect myself. ut you guys have torn those walls down." My eyes lock onto Steve's. "You guys have showed me so much love, that I cant let you help. If they got a hold of you...If they got you guys I wouldn't think twice about giving them the chip. I know you want to help me, but you cant. Not this time." I say. I walk over to Steve. I cup his cheek. I place a soft kiss onto his lips. "I've never thought I would ever say this. I guess you really have wormed your way into my hear. I love you Steve." I whisper. I look at the door where Rosie is, in her uniform. I walk over to her. Clint stands up.

"Rosie.."

"No. This is something I have to do. For fuck sack Clint. They have my family. They killed my Aunt. They've done things to me you don't understand. I haven't know you guys long, but you have grown onto me. But like Keria said. This is our fight." She says. We both walk to the weapons room. I put on my cat suit. I zip up the knee length boots. I strap two katana's to my back. Two pistol's to my legs. A dagger in both boots. Throwing knifes. Rosie has Bri's bow and quiver slung over her shoulder. Two pistol's and throwing knifes. I nod at her. We walk out of the building. I look back at them. I find the comforting blue eyes I fell in love with. I sigh, a tear slipping down my face. I turn around and walk away from the people I love. This is for their own good. This isn't their fight. Its mine.