ROUND 3: THE BRUISED BOY GETS THE BACKLASH.

Nellie stood by her car, her journal pressed against the roof as she scribbled something down onto the pages

Nellie stood by her car, her journal pressed against the roof as she scribbled something down onto the pages. She wore the headphones that Luke had given her, music blasting loudly through them as she wrote every opinionated thought that slipped into her mind. The cool breeze of the fall air blew her hair every once and a while, the chill of it making her move her knees every time a breeze tickled them. She had been standing there for a short while now, the girl waiting for someone to arrive to pick her up. Nellie ended up falling into her writing, the girl almost missing the fact someone had been honking their horn at her for a few seconds. She jumped up and took her headphones out, the girl mumbling to herself as she collected her things and stepped over to their car.

She sighed as they smiled at her, her music still blasting through her headphones as the person drove down the street. Nellie seemed disoriented as she sat there for a moment, the girl trying to sort out all of her papers and turn her music off. Her friend smiled at her, the girl unplugging her headphones to stop the music as her friend reached a red light. He laughed slightly at her, Nellie glancing at him.

"You all together, Nellie?" He asked, Nellie sighing and leaning her head back against the seat of his car as they began to move again.

"No." She mumbled, closing her eyes as he chuckled at her. Nellie hadn't gotten any sleep the night before and felt like guilt was eating away at her. She kept telling herself she had nothing to be guilty for, that her guilty conscious was only an allusion and made up my her moral subconscious, but it started to stop working. Her friend put his hand on her shoulder, rubbing it gently for a moment in an attempt to comfort the girl. She frowned as she opened her eyes, looking foreword as he pulled into the parking lot of an old looking building.

He glanced at Nellie after he parked the car, unbuckling himself before he got out. She took in a quick breath, shaking her head to rid them of her stressed thoughts before she followed the boy's actions. She walked next to him, the pair entering the tired looking brick building as they took the stairs down to a basement. She had been here on multiple occasions, in fact, the place was all too familiar and her friend knew this. He often recommended going to a new place for what Nellie wanted to do but she always said no, insisting that this was easier because it was closer.