ROUND 22: IN TERMS OF BREAKING, YOU GIVE WHAT YOU GET.

Luke was truthfully depressed

Luke was truthfully depressed. He still hadn't seen Nellie and he was two months into the new year now. He couldn't fight to distract himself because his hand was still messed up, and his mind and head burned with the thought of being alone and the idea of being avoided. He missed Nellie more than he could describe, but he was being stubborn. He ignored her calls and attempts to reach him at his own will and he hated himself for it; Lindsey kept telling him he would feel better if he at least eased himself back into speaking to her, but he still ignored this advice. Now he sat on the cold bench where he should have been fighting a random opponent to silence the anger he had for himself.

He glared at the arena as he watched people in the ring throw punches, the boy wanting nothing more than a break from his relentless thoughts. He rubbed his temples as he felt a headache come on, the tall boy hunching over as the fight in front of him came to and end. Luke had been there for a while, the tall boy thinking that the fight would distract him from his thoughts. They didn't, they really only made him more frustrated. Luke stood up from the bench as the fight in front of him ended, the boy running a hand through his hair as he walked toward the exit. A voice stopped him when he did this, the blond boy turning around to see the boy who had served reality like a cold injustice to him. Luke glared at him after he said his name, the brown skinned boy smirking at him.

"Hey. What happened to your hand, man?" Wilson asked. Luke glanced at his cast covered skin, the boy only giving the instigator a blank look before he shrugged his shoulders. Luke knew he shouldn't talk to Wilson, much less have even turned around, but gave in anyways, answering the boy as he stared at him with patience waiting for an answer.

"I broke it a few weeks ago," Luke mumbled. Wilson made a face at this, but didn't care to feel sympathy for the boy but tried to lie about that anyways. Luke gave him an unamused look for this, Wilson not flinching when his future opponent sent him a look.

"I'm sorry to hear that—I'm also sorry about you and Nellie," Wilson said. Luke sent him a glare, the brown skinned boy knowing well that it was his fault. Wilson only had a smirk tug on his lips as he looked Luke up and down as if he was searching for a noticeable threat from Luke. Wilson didn't find one, especially since he was injured, so he continued to tug at the boy's strings and push his buttons because he deemed the boy to be defenseless due to his wrist. Luke rolled his eyes at Wilson's words a few seconds later, the action making Wilson chuckle.