ROUND 18: SHE'S SELFISH FOR YOU, TALL BOY.

"How's this: pick me, I'm pretty," Nellie said, glancing up at the boy after she said it

"How's this: pick me, I'm pretty," Nellie said, glancing up at the boy after she said it. He chuckled at her words, Luke shrugging his shoulders gently as Nellie chewed on her bottom lip. She was applying for a job at the local newspaper, the girl simply wanting a new opportunity to write and they were looking for writers. Luke smiled at her as she sat in front of her laptop, the pretty girl pursing her lips at the screen as she seemed deep in thought.

"I'd buy it," he said, making her smile as she glanced at him. "But I think to them it might sound a little condescending," he added, making Nellie tilt her head. "They also haven't met you so they don't know the truth. What if they think you're lying?"

"Are you calling me ugly?" She joked, looking fake offended as he smiled at her.

"I would never, baby, but I'd beat up whoever would," he said as he stood up, making Nellie laugh quietly as he stepped towards her. She touching the sides of his face as she giggled at his words.

"How romantic," she said, making him smirk as he kissed her quickly. Nellie leaned back in her chair as he stepped into the other room for a moment, the girl crossing her arms as she sighed. She glanced at the boy's phone as it started to vibrate, the phone moving across the table slowly. She gave it an annoyed glance, the phone distracting her train of thought. Luke stepped back out as Nellie leaned over to glance at the phone. He looked at it before he picked it up, tapping the green button before he saw Nellie giving him a confused stare.

"Hello?" The boy said, starting to head back into the other room as Nellie watched him. Luke knew that Nellie had read the name, which was Lindsey. He didn't know if Nellie was the jealous type, but he did know she was the understanding type so once he explained who Lindsey was she would be okay again—at least that's what he thought. The boy had other concerns at the moment though, mostly because Lindsey called him after an entire day of the boy dodging his mother's calls. He should have just ignored this one, too.

"Hey. We need to talk," she said. Luke rolled his eyes at this, knowing that's obviously why she called. He wanted to hang up then and there, but he didn't and rather let the girl keep talking as he paused in his actions. "Your mom wants you over for Christmas. That's why she keeps calling you."

"Yeah well she can take the invitation back," the boy said, harshly. Lindsey sighed when he did this, Luke obviously not making it easy for her. She didn't expect him to for a lot of reasons, but he also wasn't making it easy for her when he denied things like this.

His mother hadn't been nice to him in a while, especially after the entire accident and Lindsey was really the only one who still helped Luke and got everything to simmer down. To his entire family he was just a dumb kid who ruined too much all because he was fed to drink. They never really took his anger issues into consideration the entire time Luke lived with them and that had a lot to do with the point the situation had reached. Anger and alcohol never mixed, but Luke knew if they cared enough they would've kept a closer eye on him in the first place. Luke thought about this as Lindsey spoke to him again, the girl knowing she was really just playing he devil's advocate.