EPILOGUE

"Luke, baby," Nellie said, shaking the boy's shoulder softly as he shifted slightly under her touch

"Luke, baby," Nellie said, shaking the boy's shoulder softly as he shifted slightly under her touch. He furrowed his eyebrows as she touched his face, the girl knowing he was awake as he turned slightly to lay on his back. "Pretty boy, I have to help you with your wounds."

Luke mumbled something, just loud enough for Nellie to hear as he grabbed her hand slightly. Nellie knew he was just going to try to pull her back down to lay with him, but she had already been out of bed for a few hours now. She shook her head as he tried to pull on her arm gently, smiling softly as she touched his bruised cheek. She had let it go last night after his fight, leaving the wounds alone for the night at the boy's request. He didn't really let her do much of anything because he still had a few spots of blood under his nose and above his eyebrow (all because he really just wanted to make out with her after his win—especially since she had come all the way to see him for the first time in a couple of weeks).

"They're alright, Nell," he whispered, bringing up another hand on her arm in an attempt to get her to give up. Nellie tried not to budge, the boy being stronger than her; she giggled quietly as he got her to put her knees on the edge of the bed. "Lay with me, Bambi."

"No, I need to clean your wounds, baby, please," she said, making him groan quietly before he started to sit up. Nellie smiled when he did, moving her lips to his quickly and kissing him a few times as he started to smile with her. "Thank you. I'll make it quick, I promise."

Luke looked at the hotel room around them, seeing his stuff no longer littered on the floor, but rather back in the bags he had brought them all in. He furrowed his eyebrows for a moment, calling Nellie's name before she yelled back from the bathroom, "did you clean everything up?" He asked, looking at her as she stepped back into the room. She looked around before she nodded her head, climbing onto the bed again as her loved leaned against the bed frame behind him and smiled at her lazily. "You're so sweet," he said, leaning forward to kiss her before leaning back. Nellie blushed softly, wetting a towel to clean some of the blood off of his face.

Nellie didn't reply, she only smiled faintly and cleaned the blood off of Luke's face. He rubbed circles into her hips, cringing as she mumbled apologies over the sting the antiseptic gave him. She mixed kisses into the combination of it, the action being a quick apology and a meek attempt at distraction. He always half smiled after, like the stinging wasn't bothering him in the slightest. Nellie started to prepare bandages for the boy's face, Luke thinking a lot as he stared at Nellie's fingers. He looked at her lovingly as she stuck the bandage over a wound above his eyebrow, the boy having a lot of burning questions for the girl recently.