ROUND 11: ABORT MISSION

Luke sat on a cold bench, his trainer pacing behind him as the boy played with the bandages that covered his knuckles

Luke sat on a cold bench, his trainer pacing behind him as the boy played with the bandages that covered his knuckles. He was watching the fight in front of him, one of the fighters being one he had planned on fighting in a few months. He was still trying to figure out his own tactics, the boy knowing that their fighting abilities were equal in more ways than one. He had more of a problem than having a good opponent, and he knew this. Luke was going to need to be able to get himself in a car, and he already anticipated that being a problem. But, like his other problems, he ignored it.

He continued to play with the tape that kept his bandages in place as he turned around to look at the man that was pacing behind him, only to have something else (or someone else) catch his eye. He furrowed his eyebrows, the boy moving slightly to get a better look. His trainer looked down at him, the man following his gaze before he looked back at Luke. Both of them knew who the other person was—one of them knew them better than the other—but that wasn't what mattered.

"You know her?" The older man asked, catching Luke's attention before his eyes were back on his bandages.

"Sort of." He mumbled. Luke looked back over at them, the person wincing now and then as they watched the sight in front of them. He shook his head before he stood up, his coach grabbing his arm to stop him from going any further. Luke glanced at him, beginning to feel annoyed with the gesture he felt coming on. Luke didn't want to lectured on what he could or couldn't do, and his coach knew this.

"Bad idea." The trainer mumbled anyways as he shook his head. Luke rolled his eyes, pulling his arm out of the man's grip.

"A distracted opponent is a bad idea? I would rethink that." Luke said, stepping away from him and up to the person who had caught his eye earlier. Her eyes were still focused on then ring when he did this, her small stature looking somewhat nervous and confused as she stared. Her hands held onto the railing that spaced them out, and her eyes glanced over at him before she realized who it was. Once she realized she knew the person, she looked like she lost some of her tenseness. Luke smiled slightly at her, the action making her bite back hers.

"Bambi." He smiled gently. "What brings you here? I thought fighting was senseless?" Luke said. Nellie gave him a look, the girl shrugging her shoulders gently when he said this.

"Here to support a friend, but I'm glad you're hearing my point and it's not just being muted by that pretty little mind of yours." She said, quietly. Luke raised an eyebrow at this. In reality, she was being truthful with him—well sort of—she had come without Michael to watch him fight, but she still needed something for her blog. She always did. The only downside was she had gone on a day Wilson was there. She was minutes from leaving before Luke could even notice her presence; but he saw her, so now she was stuck watching more than she wanted. Luke had ended up taking away some of this pressure when he spoke again, Nellie finding it easier to focus on him.

"Really? And is that friend me, or the guy in the ring?" He asked, making Nellie give him a look. Luke knew well about Wilson at that point. It wasn't hard to catch on with the way Nellie preached her beliefs.