Four

In the car ride home I couldn't help but stare at the number written on my hand. Amy looked across at me and noticed.

"What is that written on your hand?" she asked.

"N-nothing." I replied, quickly hiding the ink.

Why did you do that, Nat? Now she's going to pester you more!

When we stopped at some traffic lights she yanked my hand and read it.

"Ooh, Ian gave you his number, did he?" she hollered and I felt my cheeks go red.

"Maybe," I said sheepishly, "he said he wants to hang out some time in the next week."

I glanced at Amy. She was smiling like an idiot.

"Oh my god! Are you going to text him?"

"I don't know. I feel like it might be too soon, after what happened with Liam."

"Natalieeee!" Amy whined from the drivers seat. "That was eight months ago. You have to get on with your life eventually...... Besides, Ian is hot!" She ended it with a smirk, and nudged me gently.

"I know, but.... I just keep hoping that he'll come back. That maybe one day I will get home and he will be stood in the kitchen, cooking. Or that he'll be lounging on the sofa watching cricket. He loved cricket...." I trailed off and looked down at my hand again, knowing that Amy was right.

We pulled into the hotel's car park and Amy turned to me.

"Natalie Ariel Shipman, you are the kindest, funniest, bestest-"

I cut her off.

"'Bestest' isn't a word." I remarked.

"Just shut up and let me talk." Amy said, sounding sightly amused. Then her face went serious and she started again.

"Natalie Ariel Shipman, you are the the kindest, funniest, bestest person I've ever met; you deserve more than to just spend your time here on Earth hung up over one event. I know you love him and I know that it's difficult to get over something like this, but you must try! You will text Ian Somerhalder tomorrow and you will go and hang out with him, even if I have to drag you there myself."

"Ugh, OK. You're right I guess."

"Yayy!!" she squealed, clapping her hands together like a seal.

We went inside and up to our room. I saved Ian's number on my phone before showering and getting straight into bed.