Nine

"Natalieeeee" I heard Amy yell from her bedroom.

"Yeah?" I yelled back.

"Get in here!"

I groaned, slowly getting out of bed. Ian had just told everyone about his divorce and I felt really happy for him. I wrapped myself in one of the hotel's blankets and plodded into Amy's room. It was identical to mine but significantly tidier, seeing as she doesn't like to throw her clothes all over the floor like I do.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Nothing, really. I was just lonely. And I knew you were awake because of the group chat."

"Oh, nice to know you only want me for the company." I said, rolling my eyes playfully.

"Yeah, totally!" she replied sarcastically.

I laughed with her and lay back on her bed. 

"So," she teased, "Ian's single."

"I know, and last night he tried to kiss me. I didn't tell you because you would've asked why I stopped him."

"Why did you stop him?" she asked, confused.

"Because it was before I knew that he was divorced." I said matter-of-factly.

"Oh, fair enough." she smiled, "If you had known he was divorced would you have kissed him?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe."

"Ooooh you like him!!" 

"You're never going to stop teasing me are you?"

"Nope! This is amazing. There's only one downside."

"Which is?"

"We only have a week to get him to like you before we go home and he moves on with his life."

"Oh, yeah." My face fell. I'd forgotten that we only had a week. I didn't realize how much I liked him until now, and I barely knew the guy.

"Let's do it." I said, determined to succeed.