Fifty Eight

One week later, I was finally ready to talk to Amy. So I picked up my phone and turned it on, dreading the spam that awaited me.

2347 messages in "Kat is Queen"

45 messages from Amy

10 messages from Paul

26 messages from Candice

3 messages from Joseph

0 messages from Ian

I sighed. The one person I was hoping to hear from was the one person I didn't hear from.

Quickly, I scrolled through the group chat. It was mostly Paul's banter and Phoebe trying to shut him up with the help of Kat and Candice. Amy and Joseph didn't message much, and neither did Ian. Luckily, there were no messages regarding me and what I'd "done" to Ian.

Next I went through everyone else's messages. Most of them were along the lines of "Where are you?" and "What's up?"

Instead of replying I went to Amy's messages and read through them. She'd been really worried about me despite being distracted by Joseph's presence. Quickly, I typed a reply.

Me

Hey Amy. I'm not dead. Don't worry. Can you come over?

Amy

Oh thank god!

If it means I'm getting an explanation then I'm definitely coming over. Wait 15 mins!

***

After fifteen minutes, Amy knocked on the door. When I opened it I was captured in a bone crushing hug.

"Hi." I laughed.

"Natalie! You bitch! You could've at least called or texted or let us know you're ok! Dumbass!"

"I'm sorry, ok? I've just been really upset recently. And I didn't want to ruin your time with Joseph."

Amy grinned. "Well, it was pretty amazing. But anyways, why are you upset? Was it Ian? Oh wait, of course it was Ian. He went home one day after getting here, for god's sake! What happened?"

I sniffed. "He came in here while we were out and saw the book on my laptop. But you had changed the name to "How to get a guy in 5 days." so he got really angry and thought I used him."

"WHAT?!?! Oh my god! This is all my fault! I'm so sorry Natalie." She hung her head low in shame.

I shook my head. "No, Amy," I replied, "You were just messing around. I didn't close my laptop. It's my fault."

"No, it's mine. Don't even try and make me feel better," she mumbled, so that I barely caught it.

"Well, I'm not mad. I actually wanted you to come here because I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want to just let Ian go..."

"Well of course you don't!" she interrupted.

"So what shall I do to try and get him back?" I asked.

"You should talk to him, obviously." she stated, matter of factly.

I nodded my head and smiled. I pulled Amy in for another hug. "Thank you!" I cried. She wrapped her arms around me tightly, then pulled my phone from my back pocket and handed it to me.

"I believe you have an ex to text," she mused, smirking.

I let out a large breath of air and opened the messages app.

A/N: Hey guys i know my updates aren't really being great recently. But I have a lot of school work so it's quite rushed. Also, I'm not really enjoying writing this as much as I was in the beginning. I'm determined to finish it, though. Two chapters to go!

Q: Is it bad that I'm sat here listening to Christmas songs in mid-October?

A: I think not.