chapter 5 ⚔ League of Assassins

Jill was in her guest bedroom at the Queen mansion, having a nightmare about the night that she had thought Amy had died. She woke up, gasping, looking around. She realized that she was in her room, and that it had just been a dream, and that she didn't have to be terrorized by the nightmare anymore now that she knew her sister was alive.

⚔ 

Oliver was in the living room, watching the news.

Jill walked downstairs.

"Couldn't sleep?" Oliver asked.

Jill walked closer. "Oh, you should know I don't do well with my eyes closed." 

Oliver looked at her curiously. "Hey, are--"

"Don't ask me if I'm okay," Jill told him. "I am so tired of people asking me if I'm okay."

"I would never do that," Oliver told her sarcastically. "You okay?"

Jill tilted her head at him. 

Oliver chuckled.

Jill walked closer. "I'm... doing better. Now that Amy and Sara have miraculously come back from the dead. I still don't understand why Sara won't tell Lance or Laurel that she's back."

"I don't know," Oliver told her. "But you now know that your sister's back from the dead." Jill sat beside him on the couch. "How's that make you feel?"

"It feels like I finally get to have a happy ending," Jill answered.

Oliver and Jill looked at each other, smiling small smiles.

⚔ 

The next morning, Jill found Sara and Amy in the clock tower.

Amy stood. "Jill."

"Hey, guys," Jill told them.

"How did everything go with Moira?" Sara asked.

"Laurel's working on the case," Jill told them. "She decided on a plea bargain. Moira being in prison for life with the possibility of parole or the death penalty."

Amy looked at her worriedly. "Jill... I'm so sorry."

"It's the best case scenario," Jill told them.

"I can't believe Laurel would do something like this," Sara told them.

"She might be a little less keen on doing something like this if her sister was able to talk to her," Jill told her. Sara looked down. "I don't understand why you're keeping your secret, but I know how to keep it. Are you not telling them because of what happened on the island?"

"No," Sara answered. "I'm not telling them because of the things that happened after. There were things that I did... things that I had to do to survive. Me and your sister both had to do. Things that there's no forgiveness for."

"Well, that's the thing about forgiveness," Jill told them. "You can't get it until you ask for it." A man broke into the clock tower, donning a black hood suit. Jill looked at him in shock. "Merlyn?"

The man slashed his sword toward Jill. Jill ducked, kicking him in the leg. The man tried to punch Sara. Sara ducked. Amy restrained the man from behind, spinning his sword back to face him, making it graze his side, kicking him away. The man tried to punch Jill. Jill ducked, backhand punching him in the face. Sara kicked the man back. Sara, Amy and Jill started to run. Sara picked up her staff from the floor. Amy picked up her Sai knives, tossing one to Jill. Jill caught it. The man ran closer, trying to slash into them. Amy raised her Sai knife to block the move. Sara used her staff to hit the man twice, spinning to hit him again. The man raised his sword to block the move. Jill used her Sai knife to hit him in the face, kicking him in the chest, making him back away. The man slashed his sword toward Amy. Amy raised her Sai knife to block the move. The man slashed his sword across Jill's arm, making her groan in pain, hitting Sara in the face with the hilt of his sword, kicking her to the ground. He tried to slash into Amy. Amy raised her Sai knife to keep the sword away from her head, pushing his sword away. The man tried to punch her. Amy ducked, slashing her Sai knife across his face. The man tried to slash into her. Amy ducked. The man kicked Jill in the stomach. Jill stabbed him in the leg with her Sai knife. The man spun to try and slash into Jill. Jill caught his arm, throwing him across the clock tower into a table, making him break the wood and fall to the ground. She walked closer, kicking the sword out of his hands, taking off his mask.