chapter 12 ⚔ Tremors

It was day in Central City.

Jill/Sapphire and Roy were sitting in a warehouse.

Roy was sitting at a table, hitting a bowl of water like Shado used to have Jill do to get stronger.

Jill disguised her voice. "Again."

Roy hit the water, sighing in annoyance. "You know, I slapped water out of a bowl yesterday. And I slapped water out of a bowl the day before."

"You must be getting pretty good at it," Jill told him.

"Yeah, well, I can't wait get attacked by a dog dish," Roy told her with sarcastic bitterness.

"This is how someone like me and the Arrow builds arm strength," Jill told him.

"I'm not sure if you've been paying attention, but strength isn't my problem," Roy told her.

"No, controlling it is," Jill told him. She stopped pacing, standing in front of him. "Again." Roy lost his temper, hitting the bowl so hard he shattered it. "And that... is how you put a guy in the hospital last week."

Roy looked at his shaking hand, putting it in his red hoodie pocket. "How'd you know about that? It's none of your business."

"You made it my business when you agreed to let me help you," Jill told him. "I knew someone like you. Someone injected with the Mirakuru. He was my friend. But it warped his mind to the point where I didn't even recognize him anymore."

"Who was this guy?" Roy asked. "How come I've never heard of him? Or that Mirakuru?" Jill didn't answer, looking down. Roy sighed. "Is there anything you can tell me about him?"

Jill looked up. "Yeah. My friend had to put an arrow through his eye because he was trying to kill me."

Flashback

It was day on the island.

Oliver, Jill and Sara were walking.

Jill was holding the sensor grid. "If I'm reading this right, then Slade is back at the cave."

"Well, why would he go back to where the graves are?" Sara asked.

"We'll find out when we find him," Oliver told them.

"And when we do, neither of you can tell him," Sara told them.

Jill sighed in annoyance. "Tell him what?"

"Don't talk to me like I'm other people," Sara told them. "You've got those looks on your face. Pure guilt."