chapter 21 ⚔ City of Blood

Moira Queen was dead. She was killed by Slade because she was running against Sebastian Blood for mayor, though Slade made it seem that he was giving Oliver a choice who would die between Moira and Thea.

Everyone aside from Oliver, Roy and Amy attended her funeral.

Family and friends each laid a pink rose onto the coffin.

Sebastian became mayor.

Everyone was in the Queen mansion during the wake.

Thea was pacing desperately, sadly.

Jill walked closer. "Thea. Hi." She put a hand on her arm. "I'm here for you."

Thea nodded. "I know."

They embraced sadly, both with tears in their eyes from devastation of losing Moira.

Sebastian walked closer. "Miss Queen." Jill and Thea pulled away. "I wanted to offer my sincere condolences on your loss. Your mother was a good woman. She would have made a wonderful mayor."

Thea nodded. "Thank you."

Jill looked at Sebastian expressionlessly.

"I'd love to speak with Oliver," Sebastian told them.

"Well, if you see him, tell him he missed his own mother's funeral," Thea told him, walking away, leaving.

Jill looked at Sebastian. "No one's seen Oliver for a few days."

"We all deal with grief in different ways," Sebastian told her. "And the loss of a parent is..." He cleared his throat. "Well, it changes you. When you realize that your ancestors now look to you, that your family's legacy, their continuing works, are solely in your hands. But then again, you know exactly how it feels." Jill looked down. "If you see Oliver, please tell him that I came by."

"Of course," Jill told him.

Sebastian walked away, leaving.

Jill watched him go without expression. She walked toward John and Felicity.

Felicity was crying.

John handed her tissues. "Hey."

"Thanks," Felicity told him. "I don't even know why I'm crying. I didn't even like Moira. Terrible thing to say about someone after they've just died. In my defense, she was not nice. She was diabolical. Not a word you often hear at someone's funeral."

"You're not crying for her, Felicity," Jill told her. "You're crying for Oliver."

Felicity sighed. "Where is he? How could he not be here?"

John sighed. "I don't know."

Isabel walked closer, looking at Jill. "If Oliver's smart, he ran back to your island to hide." Jill glared at her. "But maybe he'll attend your funerals."

Isabel walked out, leaving.

Flashback

Jill, Oliver, Sara, Anatoly, Thomas and Peter arrived to the submarine.

"This sub is over 60 years old," Anatoly told them.

"It was carrying the Mirakuru during the war when it ran aground," Sara told them.