chapter 13 ⚔ Heir to the Demon

It was the next morning in the basement of Verdant.

Jill was still on the table, sitting up painfully.

Amy walked toward her. "Hey. You shouldn't be moving yet."

"I'm fine," Jill told her.

Amy raised her eyebrows at her. "Really? You got stabbed by a maniac with metal claws, twice on the side in the same place, you got poisoned, and you're fine? Yeah, no, you're not."

"If I say that I've been better, will you cool it on the protective sister act?" Jill asked.

"Well, I'm a little behind on that act for the past six years, so, uh, no," Amy answered.

Jill smiled a small smile.

Amy looked into Jill's eyes, seeing a faint orange undertone. Her expression turned serious and knowing. "You just get some rest, okay? Oliver applied new stitches to the ones that Turner ripped, and Felicity gave you a new cure to try and keep you safe until we find out what this is. You need to get better. I'll be back."

Amy walked into the main room where Oliver, Felicity, and John were waiting. "Where's Sara?"

"She went to see her father," John answered. "How's your sister?"

Amy looked at Oliver and Felicity. "You saved her life. Thank you for calling me." She looked at Oliver in confusion. "And I never did ask you. How did you find me?"

"I didn't," Oliver answered. "Jill never lost tabs on you. Said she wasn't going to lose you again."

Amy looked down, sighing. 

Felicity looked at her knowingly. "Felicity doesn't know what's in her system, but you do."

Amy sighed, looking away. "I need to talk to Sara."

Amy walked out before they could stop her.

It was night on the city.

Sara was walking through an alley.

A drape was thrown down from the bridge above her.

A woman shimmed down the drape, donning the League of Assassins uniform. She was holding a knife, pulling back her hood, walking toward Sara.

Amy was walking along the other side of the alley. She saw them from the distance.

The woman stopped in front Sara, holding her by her head. They started to kiss.

Amy watched from where she was, without shock.

The woman and Sara pulled away.

"I've had better greetings," the woman told her. 

"I'm sorry," Sara told her. "I did--I just--I didn't know what you were going to do."

"To be honest, neither did I," the woman told her, sheathing the knife.

"We should talk," Sara told her.

The woman nodded. "Of course. That means the three of us, doesn't it, Yaqut?"