chapter 17 ⚔ Birds of Prey

Out in the streets at night, a police force was getting ready to search.

Lance showed them a picture. "Hugo Manheim. Warrants out for racketeering extortion murder. The Goombah trifecta. But he never travels alone, so watch your back, watch your partner's back. Let's go."

They walked inside.

Sara/Canary and Amy/Ruby were watching from the rooftop above.

"Thanks for helping me keep watch over my dad tonight," Sara told her.

"As long as Slade's out there, none of us are safe, including our families," Amy told her. "Roy, Oliver and Jill can handle protecting Thea and Moira. We'll handle protecting Lance and Laurel."

They heard gunshots from down below, running down to help.

Down in the warehouse, the gunfight started.

"This is the SCPD!" Lance told them. "Put your weapons on the ground. Move, move, move!"

The shootout continued.

Lance shot Man 1 in the shoulder, making him fall. 

Man 2 approached Lance from behind, aiming a gun at him. 

Sara/Canary jumped down onto the car next to Man 2, kicking him in the head, making him fall.

Amy/Ruby stood above with her cloth, letting herself unravel on the way to the floor, like Nyssa did a lot. Man 3 tried to shoot her. Amy/Ruby used her Sai knives to block the bullets in a blur of motion, kicking him in the head, making him fall back into a structure, backhand punching him in the face, making him fall unconscious.

Sara stood, drawing her staff, using it to hit Man 4 and Man 5 in a blur of motion, spinning around to hit Man 4 in the head, making him fall unconscious, spinning the staff to hit Man 5 in the head, knocking him out.

The shootout continued.

Man 6 ran toward the opening in the door, rolling out.

Amy ran after him.

Lance aimed a gun at Man 7. "Freeze!" Man 7 shot Lance in the shoulder, making him fall. Sara turned to face them. She ran toward Lance, kneeling next to him to see that the Kevlar vest had stopped the bullet from piercing his skin. "Go. Go!"

Sara ran after Man 7 angrily, climbing over scaffolding, up to the balcony. 

Outside, Man 6 was running away from the warehouse.