chapter 22 ⚔ Street of Fire

Oliver/Arrow, Jill/Sapphire and Sara/Canary had been buried in the debris of the explosion in the tunnels, but they weren't dead.

Oliver pulled himself free from the rubble. "Jill? Sara? Sara. Jill." He found Sara in the rubble, pulling her to her feet. They couldn't find Jill, becoming frantic and worried. "Jill!"

Jill was strapped on the other side of the concrete, unable to get out. "Oliver!"

Oliver sighed in relief. "Are you okay?"

"The tunnel collapsed," Jill told them. "I'm trapped." She was breathing heavily. "It's just... it's getting really... hard to breathe."

"You are going to be okay," Sara told her. "I need you to tell me everything that you see."

"Rocks, and water, and..." Jill trailed off, breathing heavily, looking around. "I see your bow, Oliver."

"You see my quiver?" Oliver asked.

Jill stood, walking toward the quiver. "Wait. Yeah, yes, I have it. I have it."

"How many arrows are in it?" Oliver asked.

"There's a bunch of them," Jill answered.

"There should be one with a metallic head that's bigger than the rest of them," Oliver told her. Jill took out the arrow. "Do you see it?"

"Yeah," Jill answered. "It's an explosive arrow... isn't it?"

"Yes," Oliver answered.

Jill sighed in relief, turning to the bow on the ground, looking at the explosive arrow and the quiver of other arrows in her grasp.

Jill backed away from the rubble into the wall behind her. "I'm far enough away from the debris to avoid the blast. I need you to get back."

Oliver and Sara backed away from the debris.

Jill centered her feet on the floor, raising the bow in her left hand, placing the explosive arrow on the drawstring with her right, taking a deep breath, still having trouble breathing. She pulled back on the drawstring, letting go to shoot the arrow into the middle of the debris.

The bolt exploded, blowing a hole into the debris.

Jill, Sara and Oliver all ducked.

Sara and Oliver looked up worriedly.

Jill walked out through the debris, holding the bow and arrows.

Sara and Oliver sighed in relief.

"Nice shot," Sara told her.

Jill handed the bow and arrow to Oliver.

Oliver led them through the tunnel. "Diggle, you there?"