chapter 23 ⚔ Unthinkable

Oliver/Arrow, Jill/Sapphire, Aurora/Glacia, John and Felicity were in the clock tower, waiting to see if the cure for the Mirakuru had worked on Roy.

Oliver, Jill and Aurora were not wearing their masks or hood.

Jill was looking at Roy worriedly, gazing off.

"Jill?" Oliver asked. "Jill, you okay?"

Jill looked up. She sighed, looking down at Roy. "The cure's not working."

"We don't know that," Aurora told them. "He still has a lot of Tibetan pit viper venom in his system."

An alarm started to beep from Felicity's tablet.

"What's that?" John asked.

"Proximity alarm," Felicity answered, picking up her tablet. "I rigged the tower with sensors just in case Slade's goons came here to kill us." She brought up thermal readings to show a group of men walking up to the tower. "Slade's goons came here to kill us."

"Talk to me, Felicity," Oliver told her. 

"They're inside," Felicity told them. "They're right underneath us."

Aurora walked toward the window of the clock tower, putting her hands over the window to freeze it at contact to the point where it shattered. She held her hands down toward the ground outside, starting to form a hill of ice.

Roy woke up, groaning in pain. "Where am I?"

Roy stood.

Aurora continued to create the hill of ice to get it to right below the window.

One of Slade's men came up through the trapdoor.

Roy punched him in the face, having little to no affect, holding his fist in pain. The man slammed him to the ground.

Oliver shot the man with an arrow.

"They're inside," Felicity told them frantically. "There's too many of them."