chapter 20 ⚔ Seeing Red

Oliver and Jill were in a hotel room at night, in bed, kissing sweetly and slowly.

Oliver pulled away to kiss her neck.

Jill was troubled and confused. "You think Roy's okay?"

Oliver looked up. "Please tell me that you're not thinking about Roy right now." Jill smiled a small smile. "We're finally alone, in bed, in a very nice hotel room."

Oliver kissed her.

"A hotel room that you couldn't afford," Jill told him. 

Oliver nodded. "I have something of a history with the manager."

Jill chuckled. "Mm, I can only imagine."

Oliver looked over the clothes and bottles of wine strewn everywhere. "I think I trashed this specific room once." Jill smiled. "But favors run out. We should think about getting a more permanent place."

They kissed. Oliver kissed her neck.

"We?" Jill repeated.

Oliver looked up. "Well, we can't stay in the mansion, and we can't sleep in the foundry now that Roy's there, so..."

"So you're asking me to move in with you," Jill told him. "Again."

Oliver chuckled. "This time, maybe have you a little closer to home. In another meaning."

Jill smiled, kissing him. They continued to kiss even when Oliver's phone started to ring.

Jill pulled away. "Your phone's ringing."

Oliver nodded. "I know."

They smiled, continuing to kiss.

Jill's phone started to ring.

Jill pulled away. "Okay, both our phones are ringing, and that's never good."

They looked at their phones, seeing that John and Felicity were calling them.

Oliver and Jill joined John, Felicity, Amy and Sara in the basement of Verdant after Roy had fled the scene under the full influence of the Mirakuru.

John set up the table.

"What happened?" Jill asked.

John sighed. "I don't know. One minute he's comatose, the next, he's flipping over computer equipment. He was a lot more out of control than Slade was at your house."

"He looked like Roy, but he... wasn't Roy," Felicity told them.

"Where do you think he's headed?" Amy asked.

"I don't know, but we have to find him," Oliver told them.

They walked away.