New visit

''Baby?'' I hear Tony call to me.

''Yes?'' I say.

''Come here.'' he says to me. I walk over to him. ''Get in.'' he says.

I get into the garage. I see the tractor he was going to fix. ''What is it, baby? You have troubles with it?'' I ask him as I touch the tractor. God, I love these creations. I love mechanism in general. I love fixing stuff, so it doesn't surprise me that he calls for my help.

Tony shakes his head. ''No, it's not broken.'' he tells me.

I frown at him. ''Then why am I here?'' I ask him.

''Because of him.'' he says and points behind me.

I turn to see Nick. He's got a hat on while he still has the eyepatch. ''Nick.'' I say to him.

He walks towards me. ''Good to see you too, Em. I thought I'd lost you that day at the Triskelion.'' he tells me.

I frown. ''Lost me? What do you mean?'' I ask him.

He shrugs. ''You blacked out after seeing the targets.'' he tells me.

I clear my throat. ''Yes, I did.'' I say lowly in an uncomfortable tone. Tony takes his arm around me, because he knows what Nick is talking about.

Later in the evening, Nick talks to all of us. Clint and his family are in the living room, while Steve, Nat, Nick, Bruce and I are in the kitchen. Nat sits on a chair at the dinner table, while we stand up. I stand next to Bruce at the kitchen counter, while Steve stands up against a wall. Tony stands in a hallway, playing a few rounds of darts.

''Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing.'' he says to us as he takes a glass of water. Meanwhile, I see Lila walking over to Nat with a drawing she'd made.

''What about Ultron himself?'' Steve asks Nick.

Nick turns to us. ''He's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guy is multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans, though.'' he tells us.

''Is he still going after launch codes?'' Tony asks him as he throws one of the small missiles at the dartboard.

''Yes, he is. But he's not making any headway.'' Nick says, which makes Tony stop throwing the small missiles.

''I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare.'' Tony tells him with confident.

''Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that.'' Nick suddenly says. Nexus?

''Nexus?'' Steve asks.

''Isn't it something with internet?'' I ask and look at Bruce.

''Yes, it is. It's the world internet hub in Oslo. Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on Earth.'' Bruce tells us.

''So, what did they say?'' Clint asks from the dish, while fumbling with a missile for the dartboard.

''He's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed.'' Nick says.

''By whom?'' Tony asks.

''Parties unknown.'' Nick says.

''Do we have an ally?'' Nat then asks, joining the conversation.

''Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is.'' Nick says as he puts his hands in surrender.

''I might need to visit Oslo.'' Tony suddenly says. I look at him. He looks at me and walks over to me. He takes his arms around me and kisses my cheek.

''Find the unknown.'' Nick says to Tony who turns around to meet Nick's eyes.

''Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you.'' Nat says to Nick.

''Yeah, you'd have more than that.'' I then say to him.

Nick nods. ''I do. I have you.'' he says to all of us as the team we are. ''Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere. Ears, everywhere else.'' We all look at him with serious eyes. ''You kids had all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are, back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world.'' He walks towards the table where Nat sits. ''Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So stand.'' Nick says to us. ''Outwit the platinum bastard.'' he ends before sitting down on the chair at the end of the table.

''Steve doesn't like that kind of talk.'' Nat then says as she looks at Steve who stands with his arms crossed while leaning against the wall.

''You know what, Romanoff?'' he asks sarcastically, because he knew it would've come. I don't see her face, because I stand behind her. But if I know her right, she gives him a smug face.

''So what does he want?'' Nick asks us, continuing the serious talk.

Steve looks at all of us. ''To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies.'' he tells us.

''Person bodies.'' Tony says, who still stands next to me with his arms around me. ''The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it.'' he says.

I see Bruce walking forwards and looking at the drawing from Lila that lies on the table. I use my supervision and see that it's a yellow butterfly in front of a blue background. ''When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed.'' Nat says.

''But the people don't need to be protected, Nat.'' I say to her. She turns around to look at me. ''They need to evolve.'' I tell her. Suddenly all of them looks at me. I think, I made an important point. ''Ultron's going to evolve.'' I say to them.

''How?'' Nick asks me.

I walk forwards to the table and look around at everybody. ''You do remember we have another scientist on the team, right?'' I ask them. They all stay silent. ''Has anybody been in contact with Helen Cho?'' I then ask them. Immediately, they all look worried but not surprised. ''And there you have the answer.'' I say to them.

''Right, Avengers. Do as planned. Get ready.'' Nick says to us. Everybody then starts to make themselves ready. ''Good job, Clark.'' Nick says before getting his jacket. I nod at him and look over at Tony who stares at me.

He leans in and kisses me deeply. We kiss for a while, but then get stopped by Clint. ''Come on, guys, not in here.'' he says to us. We pull away and look at him (Tony with an annoyed and a threatened look). Clint snarls at us before walking out of the room.

Tony turns back to me and kisses my lips a last time, before taking my hand. ''Go to the jet and get some sleep. I'm going to Nexus, so you go with Cap, Barton and Nat to Seoul to prevent Ultron completing the body.'' he tells me.

''Got it.'' I say and am about to walk out of the house.

Tony then stops me and kisses me a last time. ''Be careful.'' he says with worry in his eyes. I can tell he thinks about the vision he had. I kiss his cheek.

''I promise. I love you.'' I say to him

''Love you too, baby.'' He says to me. I say goodbye to Laura, Cooper and Lila before leaving the house, leaving Tony in there with Steve who's now got the Captain America suit on. I go in the jet and get on my armor. I'm ready to fight Ultron.