15- Long-a** Minutes in an Ambulance

*****Chapter 15*****

******************Travis' POV*****************

The ride to the hospital was as long as it possibly could've been. I sat in the back of the ambulance watching Sarah and holding her hand the whole time. If I could've been anywhere else, if The Doctor came right now and offered to take me anywhere. I would've gone back to half an hour ago and stopped that damn bullet from ever reaching her.

I arched my back to stretch and sat up straighter.

"Hey."

I looked up at the Paramedic sitting in the truck with me. She was pretty, blonde hair, and blue eyes, skinny, but not anorexic skinny, fit skinny.

"Your girlfriend's going to be fine. Her injury was pretty bad but not fatal. She's just going to need a quick surgery to get the bullet out and then she'll be unconscious for a while longer. But she will be fine I swear it."

"Thank you." My voice was tight, and I squeezed Sarah's hand again. "You hear that Sarah?" I whispered quietly by her ear. "You're going to be fine." I kissed Sarah's forehead. "I love you Sarah. Please come back to me." I could feel the tears falling down my cheeks, and i knew i probably looked like a big baby crying all over Sarah, but I honestly didn't care anymore. I probably wouldn't care again until Sarah was up and by my side again.

"You really love her don't you?" The paramedic smiled at me. "I can tell by the way you look at her, like she's your whole world. I've always wanted a guy to look at me like that."

"Yeah." I couldn;t think of anything else to say. How do you tell someone about the person you love, and how much you love them. It doesn't matter how many times, or how loud, or how perfectly you tell someone else that you love this person. It will never be enough times, or loud enough, or perfect enough if it's not said to the one you love. You will always regret not telling them. Especially after they get away.

"Why don't you tell me about her?" Paramedic girl pushed again for me to talk.

"She's..." How do I describe Sarah? She's my everything. Everything I care about in this world. The reason I continue to wake up and push forward everyday. She's funny and smart and beautiful. Oh goodness she's so beautiful, the way she scrunches her nose and crinkles her eyes when she laughs, and the way she looks when she's too engrossed in her TV shows and books and movies to notice anything else. The way her green eyes sparkled and danced when she was happy. "She's perfect." I finally said. "She doesn't let what people say affect her or change her outlook on life. She makes my day just by being around. She's....." I took a deep breath, "She's my everything"

Sarah's hand moved in mine and her eyes opened a little bit. "You're not talking about me are you?" She croaked.

I breathed a sigh of relief, "You're awake."

Sarah nodded her head and winced. "Yeah. Where are we?"

"We're almost to the hospital." The paramedic stood and started helping her partner with all the technical stuff of taking care of Sarah, I don;t know exactly what they were doing checking vitals and stuff I guess. "You're going to need a bit of surgery, just a small incision to remove the bullet and reset a couple of the bones that it nicked but you'll be fine."

Sarah nodded and looked back at me, smiling a bit. "You're with me." She said. "I didn't think you would stay after I was so stupid."

"He's been by your side since the gun fired, well basically, hasn't let go of your hand for a second." The paramedic girl smiled. "Wish I had a man like that."

I looked at Sarah nervously and she looked back at me a bright grin on her face. "You saved me Sarah." I said quietly so only she could hear me. "and I would never leave you, Sarah Jones I......"