one// mint gum

A hard knock at my door awoke me the next morning. It was too early, it wasn't even half past seven and someone was waking me up.

I stumble out of bed, making my way to the door before swinging it open. I look to see a girl dark, dark brown hair, and dark blue eyes. "May I help you?" I ask rather rudely as I let out a yawn.

"I-I just wanted to say thank you for unlocking my door for me last night." she says. I stare at her blankly unaware and confused to everything that had just came out of her mouth.

"Don't know what your talking about." I say as I start to close the door, her foot stops it.

"What did you mean when you said you were dangerous." she asked pushing the door back open. He strength surprising me.

"Look, I don't know who you think you are but you need to get the fuck off my doorstep and leave. I have not clue as to what your talking about so leave." I spit. Her face flashes with sadness.

"Last night, it was late and it was raining. I was locked out of my apartment a few doors down and you helped me, you picked the lock. I asked if you wanted to come in and you said no, and how you were and addict or something and how you were dangerous." she says. I stare at her, it all coming back to me. Was I really that drunk last night to help a random girl I didn't know?

"Oh." was all I could say.

"Your an asshole, but I kind of like you." she smirks. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Well your welcome for helping you." I say and start to close the door once again, but am stopped.

"Why don't you come over for dinner at my apartment. My boyfriend is an amazing cook, and I think you and I could be good friends." she says.

"No." I say. "I don't even know you and you don't know me."

"I'm Brianna Webster and I'm 26, I am a teacher and I live with my boyfriend who is called Luke he's 27 and he is a CEO." she says, and I smile and laugh a little at her forwardness. "You know me, now introduce yourself." she says.

"My name is Harry and I am 19, that's all you need to know." I reply.

"Good, good we know each other, now will you come?" she asked, giving me a look. A puppy dog look, it reminded me of her, she used to give me the same look. "Tonight, at 5, be there, I'm looking forward to it." she says, with that she walks down the hall back to what I am assuming her apartment.

Closing my door I sigh. What am I getting myself into?

*

*

It was dark and cold. I was walking around my apartment, she was sprawled out on the couch. "Harry come lay with me." she yawned and I smiled as I mad my way over to the couch. I sat down next to her and threw my arm over her waist and she smiled.

"Happy now?" I said and pecked her lips and she smiled before nodding.

We lay there for a while and that feeling came. My fingers started to shake and I felt dizzy. I need it now.

I got up from the couch and she looked at me before getting up to. "Sit down, I will be right back." I say, but she being stubborn, follows me.

I make my way to my room, then into my bathroom and get my things. I don't care that she was right there, I need it, and I needed it now, it's been almost 24 hours.

"Harry what-what are you doing?" she asked as she saw what I had pulled out, I felt myself begin to change, if I didn't inject I would do something I'd regret.