nine//i told you so

"Gosh Brianna, stop moving so damn much!" my best friend from Australia hisses, as she helps me put on a dress.

"Look, Taylor I don't want to be dress shopping right now. I can wear a damn dress from my house." I spit back and talk off the uncomfortable short dress she had me try on.

"No, you need a new dress! It's your engagement dinner! Your sister and her family are coming, your parents are coming, Luke's rich ass family is coming and important people from Luke's work are coming so you need to make an impression!" she says as she hands me another dress. I sigh in defeat knowing she wont give up even if she tried.

"Look, Brianna I am just trying to look out for you. The dinner is tonight and you absolutely nothing to wear. I like this dress here, so put your clothes back on and I'll go pay for this and then we have a hair and nail appointment so lets go!" she rushed out of the changing rooms and I put my clothes back on sighing loudly.

I hated this, I hated shopping, especially with Taylor, I loved her to death but she got on my nerves when it came to shopping, and getting our hair and nails done. I walked out the rooms and I saw Taylor waiting for me but the front of the shop. She was checking her watch, when she saw me she rushed me over and I rolled my eyes.

"We are going to be late!"

..

"Taylor told me a car was coming to get us." my sister-Brenda tells me as she dabs her makeup in the mirror. I nod, already knowing this.

"The car should be here in about 40 minutes." I told her and she also nods.

"Since we have time, I wanted to tell you something." she says with a smile on her face as she leads me to the couch. I small back at her. "Well as you know-" I rolled my eyes, she was always so much proper with her words ever since she left for America. "-Nathan and I have been trying to get pregnant.."

"Uh huh.." I say pretty much knowing where she was going with this.

"Well I'm pregnant!" she exclaims. I gasp and throw my arms around her pulling her in for a hug. "Well, I missed my period right before I got on a plane here and I took a test at the airport and it was positive and well yeah, I haven't been to a doctor so nothing is confirmed but your the first person I told!" she exclaims excitedly.

"I'm so happy for you!" I say and hug her again. "Since you told me something, I think I better tell you something too.." I say. She frowns at my sudden mood change.

"Brianna.. what's wrong? She questions.

"I-I had an affair." I whisper, referring to Harry. I said 'had' like it was over, it wasn't over, no was it was in full process. It had been about a month since he and I talked about his mother being dead and his father in jail. But since then, we met every single day, talking, smoking, drinking.. fucking..

"You what." she says, and I sigh.

"Look it's not over either-" a knock at the door stopped me, I almost sighed in relief not wanting to discuss this anymore, but I knew Brenda wouldn't let it go.

"Look, I know this isn't the driver he would be too early, whoever this is, I am going to tell them to leave and we are going to finish this talk okay?" she says and I nod. She gets off the couch and walks over to the door, I look over my shoulder curious to who it is also. I turn around to the sound of my phone buzzing, turning my attention away from the door.

"Brianna there is someone here!" she calls out and I get up, walking to the door, not looking up but paying more attention to my phone.

"Who is it-Harry what are you doing here?" I say pushing past Brenda.