First Session

"You don't have to do this, you know?" He said, sentence more of a plea than a suggestion.

"What do you mean?" he smiled. "It's my job, after all. If I don't help him, who will?"

"You heard what happened to the other two, haven't you?" His finger ran over the edge of his paper cup, fidgeting lightly over the styrofoam.  

"Of course I have. Yukimaura is harsh with his patients and Lee is too sensitive. I will be professional about this. I've always been professional." His fingers stayed still, aside from his index which caught a dab of slipping frosting, bringing it to a satisfied smile. 

"Yuu-"

"Yutaka." he smiled, stopping before he could chastise him or fret himself into a panic. "This is what I do, alright?"  

"Yeah." A nod and then a sip of coffee. "Alright, alright."

Yuu smiled, fluorescent lights beaming his smile. 

"It's two." Yutaka said after a moment.

"Alright." The pastry discarded and a quick wipe of his fingers, he picked up the files, and waved goodbye, his co-worker watching in dismay.

~

Dr. Shiroyama stepped into the dim room, large members of staff waiting on the other side just in case his patient got a bit rowdy. He sat himself on the left side of the little wooden table, ceiling lamp drawing shadows around his temples, nose, and neck, his light skin glowing in contrast. He opened the files which he stretched out on the table, briefly leafing through them. 

The man on the other side of the table lifted his head, only now taking an interest in him. He smiled. "It seems I have a new doctor. What is your name, pretty?"

"Shiroyama." he said, eyes still on his files.

"Now, surely that isn't your first name. You know my first name, now tell me yours." His voice was sweet like honey, but to Yuu it dripped only with falseness.

"To you, my patient, I am Dr. Shiroyama." Yuu responded simply, finally gazing up at his patient. The man was smiling all the more, simply saying, "You have such large, pretty eyes, Shiroyama."

"You also tried to sweet talk Dr. Lee. When she wouldn't give you what you wanted, you told her that her husband was right to leave her and that she would die alone." Yuu said. "Isn't that right?"

His smile faltered a bit, and yet he persisted. "I see, the pretty one is also very clever."

"And so are you, since you've managed to chase away three psychiatrists in five months." Yuu folded his hands together, fingers building a steeple. "And why is that, Kouyou?"

He smiled at his name. "I could explain it to you, I would, you seem very intelligent, unlike most doctors I've seen around here. However, I would feel more comfortable in speaking with you, if I myself were more comfortable. You see, this straight jacket is rather uncomfortable. Really hurts the arms."

"You were put in that straight jacket because you attacked Dr. Yukimaura."

"I did not attack him, we merely got into a heated argument."

"You strangled him."

"Well, that's a rather harsh way of putting it." 

"We have video of you with your fingers squeezing Dr. Yukimaura's throat. Strangling is the only way to describe it." 

"Alright, perhaps our argument turned physical. But it was not my fault, Yukimaura kept pushing me, kept insisting that I was abused as a child. He seemed to have a perverse fondness of the idea of me being molested when I was young." Kouyou spoke to Shiroyama as though he were confiding in a friend, a smile still on his face, expecting his doctor to be in on the gossip.