12. Hugs and kisses

Enjoy fellow muffins <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 12: Hugs and kisses

Ayden's POV

"Okay I better get going or my mom's gonna freak," Shayla says while jumping off the couch and fixing her clothes. She grabs her shopping bags one by one.

"Don't you want to stay for dinner? My mom's making her lasagne that you love." I say wanting her to stay

"Tonight is lamb chop night. And in lamb chop night you can't escape. My dad's going wild with the grill and my brother's streaming the football game that I really, really don't want to watch. But it's family and you can't run away from them. Sorry" she says she kisses me on the cheek and runs out the door.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After dinner I go up to my room and change into my pjs. Tonight I'm just wearing a plain white baggy shirt I got from Nathan the other day and some pajama pants I got from Forever 21. I use the bathroom and brush my teeth then go lay down on my bed watching some YouTube videos.

In the middle of a Tana Mongeu story time my AC stops working. I grab the remote and try to turn it on but it won't budge. I decide to just open the window and let the cold breeze from outside come in.

I jump back on the bed and click play. I continue to watch 10 more random videos until I notice something flying in from out side. It lands on the floor. I go next to it hoping its not a living creature. Once I'm close enough I notice that it's a very tiny paper airplane. On it there are some words written with a black marker that read 'open me'.

I open the airplane and start reading the message inside.

Hey Ayde, it's me Nathan! Obviously you already know that by the nickname :)
I just wanted to tell you that you are a beautiful person inside and out who pretty much changed everyone's lives. Especially mine. You came into this town as a little town girl who knows nobody. I was once like that. A little town boy, except I didn't make people smile like you did. Everyone was basically a storm until you, a sunshine, came into our lives. Now everyone is a rainbow that looks forward to the Sun's arrival. I like you Ayden. I like you a lot. Ayden, you came here as a neighbor. We became friends, and then best friends, but I want to be more than that...

Once I finish reading I hear a voice and turn around facing the window. I see Nathan standing there with a sunflower in hand. My favorite.

"Ayden will you make me a bigger and happier rainbow and go on a date with me?" He says smiling and I could see the hope in his eyes.

I run into his room and engulf him in a hug. I could smell his lavender and spice cologne that makes me smile into his chest.

"I'd love to" I say and he kisses my forehead lightly. His lips are soft to my skin and I like the feeling very very much.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Midnight

I've been planning this for a few days now and I need to make it work. I put my alarm for exactly 1:30 am because I know that's when Nathan decides to fall asleep. I don't know how he does it. I sleep at 11 o'clock because I need to get my beauty sleep. He doesn't even need beauty sleep to look flawless.