Chapter 6 Her weekend starts

This one is for everyone that votes ;)  *wink,wink,nudge,nudge
Enjoy, XG

I was so used to waking up early for my chores that I wasn't capable of sleeping in. Sometimes dad said I wasn't a normal teenager, but not going to parties and staying out late was another reason I could get up early. I liked the start of the day. Checking the boundary with the dogs to make sure nothing got to the crops the night before was my favorite part, I ran with the dogs. Then I'd feed the chickens and when I got back inside dad would have the coffee ready for us. Harry would also be up by then and we always had breakfast together then we would all go do our own thing. Dad went to the hospital Monday to Wednesday and I took Harry Thursday to Saturday. On Sunday's we all went together and told him what gossip we heard from the customers during the week. He was our church. Some days Harry's friends came with us and they talked to Eddie too.

This day was no different in many respects eccept that by the time I came in there were ten people at the table. Four of the workers were on the football team and they kept their eyes down when they said good morning to me. The rest of the workers were kids that had graduated last year or the year before. Ben and Andy had been working for dad the longest, they came during the week as well. Weeding, sowing or harvesting our many different crops, that's what they helped with. I considered telling dad that the new four were bullies to me at school but dismissed the idea as I walked to where dad was holding out a coffee for me.

"You going to see Eddie before or after you shop?"

I looked at Harry, some days he was desperate to see his twin. "After. We'll get to stay longer. We might be eating there too if nurse Willis is on duty."

"After it is dad." I said like he hadn't heard Harry.

Dad smiled. "Did you leave the dogs off?"

"Nah. Knew you had newbies so I tied them up."

"Good girl. Go change, he's been waiting for twenty minutes annoying everyone."

I was back in no time having showered and put on a simple set of dark green leggings and a grey tank top under an off the shoulder grey sweater with a pair of grey high-tops. My brother rushed to the truck.

"I LOVE this truck!" He yelled as we got in. "I hope that guy wrecked your truck and it takes forever to fix and they run outta parts so you have to keep driving this one for ages."
I smiled, hooked up the phone to to the aux and turned the music on.

The ride took almost two hours and we had great fun blasting the sound system. I made sure to park near the entrance so that the car was in plain sight, didn't want to something to happen to it. We walked around going into almost every shop. He got some new sets of clothes because he had grown out of most of his clothes already and we got some clothes for Eddie too. I got some new tank tops because summer was coming up and by the time it was twelve we were both starving. We dropped our bags at the car and went to find the food. We'd only just gotten our food. Sushi and Big Macs for both of us, we'd been working hard shopping all morning and I'd had one slice of toast before leaving.

We were trying to find a place to sit when someone wrapped their arms around my shoulder. It was that unexpected that I almost dropped my tray. A hand caught it and my brother grabbed it from me with a dirty look. He was eleven but already he protected food before anything, typical boy. I looked to see who had surprised me and saw it was David.