Chapter 25

Next one :-)
Proud of me?
Enjoy
XG
---
Adrien and Otto had driven me home in Adrien's car that I was still using and in the car that followed were David, Bobby and Camille. Ben and Andy were in the kitchen with another guy and the change in the air when they spotted them was instant.
"Oh for flucks sake! Calm your furry butts down!" I snapped. Adrien growled and pulled me back shoving me at Otto. They didn't listen to me.
"HEY! I have doggie treats for everyone that behaves!" I yelled as I ripped myself away from Otto and tried to push past Adrien and David. They all looked quite stunned. I grinned. "Knew that would get everyone's attention!"

The bloke I didn't know burst out laughing. "Oh man! Bennie boy, you didn't tell me she was that funny!"
He gasped for air while everyone glared at me and him respectively. He looked like a standard bad boy. Ripped black skinny jeans, combat boots, tight white t-shirt, leather jacket on the chair behind him and all. He was rather pale and he was openly staring back at me. His face went serious as we assessed each other. He had muscles but he wasn't buff, he rocked the bad boy look. I had to admit he was at least as good looking as the guys that came in with me. Staring into his eyes I immediately noticed something strange. They were almost empty... they didn't match the smile on his handsome face... they were old and cautious. Looking in his eyes I almost felt the weight of decades. Then he winked at me.

I frowned.
"Who is he?"
"I'm right here flower, you can ask me."
"I don't want you to talk, I want Ben to tell me."
Ben grinned. "Guess." And I thought for a second.
"They said you were arranging someone to look out for me while they were gone. I presume this is my new body guard?"
"Good girl... and I'll be very willing to worship your body while I guard it!"
Adrien snarled 'Get someone else!' and pulled me into his arms as David and Bobby stepped in front of us.

I gently rubbed his arm and tried to look behind me. He looked down, eyes glowing. I shivered as fear sprang up like a jack-in-the-box. He closed his eyes frowning and mumbled an apology. Bobby put a hand on his shoulder and told him to breath. Ben, Andy and the bad boy stayed where they were. I suddenly realized. "Ben! You locked all my dogs up!"
"Had to. They said they were coming with you after school and Ryker here arrived just after you left for school. He helped on the farm today, everything is done."
"Is he fluffy too?"
Everyone, beside the bad boy who was laughing again, groaned.
"We are not freaking fluffy. We are not dogs. We are not cute and cuddly! We are wolves. Big. Scary. Wolves." David told me.
"Yeah yeah... Big wolves, sharp teeth, very scary aaand absolutely, amazingly fluffy and ever so incredibly soft!"

Everyone looked at Ben. "And how does she know that?" Bobby asked as Adrien finally let me go. I took the opportunity to escape them and attack the fridge because everyone was absolutely focused on Ben now.
"She met my wolf." Ben said.
"How does she just happen to meet your damned wolf Benjamin?" Andy snapped.
Ben growled lowly and Andy backed down. The others also stepped back, even Adrien.
"Obviously I showed her." Ben stated defiantly.
They looked at me in wonder so I put my two bits in with a grin. "It was awesome!"

Bad boy caught on faster than the others. "You changed in front of her didn't you?" He said with a big smirk. Obviously the others hadn't thought that until he said it. They looked at Ben, at me, at Ben again and the silence was only broken by my knife as I cut the cold meat for sandwiches. Finally Ben answered defensively.
"Yea. I changed for her. She asked...Problem?"
"You are so fúcking whipped! And it isn't even your mate." Bad boy grinned rising of his chair with an eerie grace. He didn't simply walk and for a second I was mesmerized... but I had trained myself with the beautiful guys I had been in school with. Not wanting anyone to feel objectified I looked at his face, instead of his insanely beautiful body and made sure to think about how many sandwiches I would need to make.