06

Beth didn't even know what to feel, she just couldn't believe what was happening. Bonnie couldn't be dead. Damon couldn't have let it happen. Why didn't she scream? Sure, it was true that she had some sort of feeling but it wasn't this. It couldn't be.

"Bonnie. Bonnie. Hey. Hey. Stefan she's not breathing," Beth heard Elena yell in panic as she hugged Bonnie's body. "Stefan. I can't find a pulse. I can't find pulse. Stefan," she cried expecting her boyfriend to do what he always does and save the day.

"She doesn't have one, Elena," Beth breathed out but Elena just shook her head in denial. She expected Beth to be the usual ray of sunshine she always is and tell her everything is going to be okay, and make her feel better. But she couldn't. Beth was way too confused and in complete shock to do so. Her "abilities" had never been wrong when it came to her loved ones so why would they fail now?

"Stefan. Please. Just give her blood. Do something," Elena cried distracting Beth from her thoughts.

"Its too late. I'm sorry," he said clueless about what to say to make her feel better. He didn't think he could.

"No! No, no, no," Elena cried.

"Elena. Stop. Please. Stop. It's okay," Beth said finally trying to help her friend even though she needed someone to do the same for her.

"No. It's not okay. Bonnie. She can't be," she cried not even able to say the word.

"It'll be okay. We'll get through this. We always do, Elena," Beth told her before kneeling down and pulling her into a hug. The doppelganger sobbed into her shoulder finding comfort in Beth's warmth.

Damon walked into the cafeteria and saw the two girls hugging as they were sat next to their friend's body. "Stefan, get them out of here. I'll deal with the body," he said completely ruining Elena's one peaceful moment that night.

"What do you mean, deal with it?!" Elena yelled angrily as Beth just stared at him wide eyed.

"The Sherriff can't know about this. Last thing we need is another mysterious death," Damon said as he went over to the body.

"This is Bonnie!"

"Get her home. Now. So I can clean this up," he said to Stefan. So he went over to her and tried to get her to stand.

"No, Jeremy. What am I gonna tell Jeremy? What about Jermey?" She asked until Stefan finally got her up.

"I'll find him," Damon said.

"Let's go, Beth," he said but she refused so he left, trusting that his brother would talk to her. Damon looked down at Bonnie and closed the allegedly dead witch's eyes.

"What is going on Damon? You wouldn't just let her die. She couldn't have died. I didn't scream like I always do when I someone I know dies. So what is going on because I know you wouldn't let this happen. I know better than that. I know you better than that. Please tell me," she pleaded hoping that she was right about this.

"You're right. She's not dead," he said as he picked Bonnie up from the floor. "She cast a spell before she went to face down Klaus and I helped her. We weren't going to let Klaus win and we didn't. We just made him think we did."

"So she's alive?" She asked with a sigh of relief. When he nodded a small chuckle escaped her lips. Bonnie's okay. She's really okay.

"Let's go find Jeremy," Damon said leading her out of the school's cafeteria.

Author's Note

Hey, peeps. So I hope you guys liked the new update. Please remember to vote and comment. Keep reading!! ❤