08

Elena sighed before putting the phone to her ear. The first thing she was asked was if she okay but once that was out of the way she was bombarded with questions from her boyfriend.

As Elena talked to Stefan on the phone, Beth went over to where Elijah was standing. "I'm sorry," she said.

Elijah turned around a little taken back by her apology. He didn't really think she owed him any kind of apology. "For?"

"Not stopping them the night they daggered you. I should've done something to stop them," Beth said still guilty for what had occured that night.

"I know you weren't a part of that, Beth. It's fine. Really," he said with a chuckle. He had never met someone quite like her, someone just completely driven by compassion, someone so pure and innocent. She was quite literally pure happiness even through everything that had occured to her friends and herself.

"Thank you," she said with a smile that was sure to light up any room. A smile that made Elijah smile along.

"I talked to Stefan. He won't bother us anymore," Elena said handing Beth her phone back.

"Good. Before the interruption occurred you were about to tell me Katerina's whereabouts," Elijah said to Elena.

"Yeah. Klaus took her. We think she may be dead."

"I doubt that. Not Klaus' style. Death would be too easy for her after what she did," Elijah said honestly.

"I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pay from betraying him," Elena said with furrowed brows.

"I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay," Elijah said with a pain in his eyes that of course, Beth noticed. "There was a time... I'd have done anything for Klaus."

Elijah went on to talk about his past. The year 1492 to be exact. The year that he met Katerina Petrova or as she is known now Katherine Pierce. He still remembered the day perfectly and his shock when he first saw Katerina. He was reminded so much of his first love, Tatia that day. After a bit of story telling he let out the fact that Klaus and him are blood related.

"Yes, Klaus is my brother," he confirmed.

"I heard that. I'm still processing," Elena admitted. She was shocked that someone who seemed so calm and honorable was related to someone that seemed so evil.

"Yes. I'm a little behind on the times, but I belive the term you're searching for is O.M.G," he said before sipping a cup of tea.

"And you want to kill him?" Beth asked, "Why?"

"There are a lot of reasons," he said which made Beth's confusion turn into a frown. She couldn't believe that you could grow to hate your family so much enough to kill them. She didn't want to belive it even though the proof was right in front of her.

"There's a whole family of Originals?" Elena asked with furrowed brows.

"My father was a wealthy land owner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore seven children," Elijah said continuing his story.

"So they were human?" Beth asked.

"Our whole family was. Our origin as vampires is a very long story. Just know... we're the oldest vampires in the world. We are the Original Family, and from us all vampires were created."

"Right, but Klaus is your brother. And you want him dead?" Elena asked repeating Beth's question.

"I need some air. I'm still feeling a tad... dead. Come," he said ignoring the question before leading the two girls out of the mansion.

"So as you've seen nothing can kill an Original. Not the sun, not fire, not even a werewolf bite. Only the wood from one tree. A tree my family made sure burned," Elijah said which led to the girls being even more confused. If the Originals could not be killed by the sun then why would Klaus spent so much time trying to break the Sun and Moon Curse?

"That's where the white ash from the dagger comes from," Beth deducted.

"Yes the witches won't allow anything truly immortal to walk the earth. Every creature needs to have a weakness in order to maintain the balance."

"So the sun can't kill an Original. Why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking the Sun and Moon Curse?" Elena asked which made Elijah smile

"Right. The curse of the sun and the moon. It's all so... biblical sounding, don't you think?" He asked with a chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Beth asked with raised brows and a chuckle of her own. But before he answered he crossed the green bridge that stood over the pond of the Lockwood property with a smile letting the girls follow behind.