44

Previously on Pure Happiness

"Of course I want you here," he said before the banshee kissed him and this time neither pulled away. They kissed hungrily before the hybrid sped them to his bedroom.

~~~

Beth Midnight woke as the sunlight began to shine through the window of the room she was in. She turned to her right and saw the sleeping hybrid next to her. "Good morning, Klaus," she spoke before getting out of the bed still in her dress from the ball.

Yes, it had been very uncomfortable to sleep in but it had never gone off. Beth and Klaus had kissed but in the time she had spent with him, it never went further than that. "Good morning, Beth," he smiled.

"I should get going. I really don't know how to feel about this. About us," Beth said honestly.

Klaus parted his lips to say something but Beth stopped him, "I'm sorry, I know I'm confusing. I tell you to leave me alone and then I come looking for you. I spend the night and then I leave abruptly. It's not fair to you."

"It does not matter. I would rather be confused by you a million times than to not have you at all," Klaus said.

She smiled a genuine smile. It felt like so long since the last time that had happened. Through everything that had occurred, the strawberry blonde had lost herself. She was positive and helpful with everyone but she no longer felt the fulfillment and happiness she felt before.

"Thank you, Klaus. It feels like you're the only one who can really make me smile and happy right now," she said as her smiled slowly turned into a frown.

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"No," she said with a shake of her head, "I shouldn't depend on someone else to be happy. I never have and I can't start now... thank you for understanding but I should go."

And without another word, she exited the room and made her way downstairs. Alone in the living room couch was Kol who instantly noticed the girl coming down the stairs and the small frown on her face.

"Someone did not have a good night. If you had climbed out of my bed just now, instead of Nik's, you'd have a smile on that pretty face of yours," he smirked.

She chuckled, "Nothing happened with your brother, Kol."

"Exactly my point," he said and all that came out of the strawberry blonde was a sad chuckle as she shook her head and walked toward the door.

"So if it's not that, then what's got you so down?" Kol stopped her before she reached the front door.

"You'd listen?"

"I can be quite a good listener, little Beth," he smirked, "when I want to be. Try me."

He then sat on the couch once more and patted the space next to his. Beth hesitated for a second but ultimately decided to sit next to the original.

"Do you remember how you were as a human?" She asked and saw Kol's surprised expression. He did not expect that question from the girl but after a few seconds he answered.

"Yes. I do remember."

"Are you the same person now?"