Knifeplay

"Got a little something for you, baby."

"You did now?" MacKenzie casually crossed his ankles on the dashboard of Dalton's Escalade. Most people ten years his senior couldn't even afford the monthly payments on a car like this, much less buy one outright. But he knew how to deal and practically had half the city wrapped around his finger to back it up.

"During my run in Houston." Dalton didn't even wait for a traffic light to reach into his leather jacket pocket to pull out the box.

MacKenzie's eyes widened at the Cartier logo and he quickly tore off the lid to reveal a square-faced silver watch with midnight-blue hands and dial. "Holy- Dalton, this isn't even supposed to be out for six months!"

Dalton grinned and ran two slow fingertips down his love's jawline, making for the same shiver as always. "Thought you knew by now I know how to get things. Nothing but the best for my hubby."

Mack smirked as he fastened the watch around his wrist. The first and only time Dalton had tried to tease him by calling him "wifey" earned him a right hook to the face. He may've been small, but he could fight if he had to. He still preferred Dalton fighting for him, though. Something about him being so protective and watching that temper fly... He looped his arms around Dalton's shoulders and wetly kissed his cheek. "Mm, thank you, babe." Dalton said nothing for the remainder of the drive back to their flat.

MacKenzie loved the flat, his true home away from home. Since neither of them cared for jewelry beyond watches and rings, Dalton could sell most of what he 'acquired' to afford a larger space, especially for their closets. And it was worth it; labels that most people their age could only dream about they flashed with pride everywhere they went. The king of the city and his prize toy had to look their best.

Just as Dalton was unlocking the door to let them in, the faint echo of a gunshot sounded from who knew how many blocks away. Even if MacKenzie had heard that sound more times than he could count in the past couple years, he still twitched in nervous reaction and huddled closer to Dalton's side. Dalton tightened the embrace and kissed his temple. "Don't worry, babe, it's not after us. Wanna eat at Hibiscus tonight?"

"We're not gonna be hassled this time?" Mack tilted his head.

Dalton snorted. "You think I'd let some wannabe players touch a hair on my baby's head? Now go get dressed." And with an affectionate smack to the ass MacKenzie was ushered into the flat. His question hadn't been really answered, but he said nothing.

Once he'd finished buttoning up his favorite dress shirt, the distinct whiff of Hugo Boss alerted him to Dalton's presence before the footsteps did. He turned to see his lover had changed into his suit that was all black save for a design like neon paint splatters at the sleeves and hem of the jacket. Dalton leaned against the doorway with his sea-green eyes half-lidded and hint of a smile, and MacKenzie was rarely ever more turned on than in moments like this.

"Mmm..." He stepped close to slide his hands in Dalton's back pockets and give a deep kiss and the move was returned as always. He didn't have to worry about anything or anybody else when he was safe in these arms.

Dalton's tongue played in and around the seam of his lips before he broke from the kiss to breathe. "Y'know I love you, right, Mack? All those other guys and gals trying to sweat on me don't mean a thing."

"'course I do," MacKenzie murmured, just as much as he knew what was coming up.

"And you love me?"

"Uh huh..." And he looked down to see Dalton slip something from his pocket that was definitely not another present.

The switchblade, silver with a black etched rose pattern, was the most elegant of all of Dalton's 'toys'. He hadn't killed anyone with it, but people had received scars stinging enough to remind them who not to mess with. Right now he flicked a button for its blade to appear, and MacKenzie gave the same twitch of reaction he had to the gunshot even if he was also used to this.

"Trust me, babydoll..." Dalton whispered and perched the tip of the blade right on Mack's shoulder. He did it so light and carefully it didn't have any more impact than if it was a butter knife.

MacKenzie took in a deep breath and stayed stock still, watching from the corner of his eye as the blade trickled its way down his arm like a droplet in their shower, causing no damage to cloth or skin. Any shivering from the gentle pressure remained in his mind as he had learned to do. When you were the lover of somebody as important as Dalton Rapattoni, you couldn't show that you were afraid of anything.

Finally the blade stopped just short of his shirt cuff, and Dalton closed and repocketed it with no ceremony. Not a cut or scar just as always. Dalton's preciseness would've been eerie if it didn't make Mack's heart race. He knew it was about trust.

"Beautiful and dangerous, babydoll...just like us."