Mirrors (narcissism)

Dalton gave his eyeliner a final touch of a dramatic swoop and stepped away from the mirror to give himself a look over.

Turn left, turn right. Frown. Something wasn't looking right. He grabbed the top of the mirror and swiveled it back and forth on its hinges.

"Aha," he said when the reflected image looked a lot better. The lighting in here was just crap at some angles.

Another turn left and right, and even a playful model pout. Hell yeah, he was gonna knock 'em dead tonight looking like this. Dalton could always count on feeling on top of the world when he felt he looked good. Meant the crowd would feed off his energy and the reaction would be glorious.

Dalton half-closed his eyes to look at the full expanse of his liner and slowly ran his tongue around the outline of his lips. If he had a dollar for every fangirl and even a few of the fanboys who creamed themselves over his eyes and mouth- well, he couldn't blame them right now. Total fucking rock star.

He winked and pointed a finger gun at his reflection. "Hey, hot stuff, what're you doin' after the show?"

OK, he had to laugh at himself for that one. Damn, he could be weird.

Upon looking back up, Dalton could see his reflection red-faced, the shade that popped up when he was turned on or embarrassed.

Not that he could actually decide which one he was right now.

He laid a palm on the glass to ground himself- was only cool glass he was touching, not an identical hand no matter what the reflection was telling him. He wasn't that far gone.

Still not helping his face be not-red.

It was a subconscious movement, his tongue caressing his lips again with a lover's care while hooded eyes gazed. Every soft and careful line of his face was looking back, down to the paler parts of his skin not affected by a blush of- desire?

Dalton quickly turned away from the reflection and held to his chest like his panicking heart was going to burst right out. Had to get a grip on himself here. There was a big difference between having confidence and being straight up in love with yourself. It wasn't like he'd give that mirror a kiss and actually feel a soft mouth like his that knew exactly what he'd like or hear his breaths duplicated-

Oh shit. Dalton stumbled away from the mirror, ignoring both his flushed face and that sudden kick of sensation below the belt. He was just punchy and his mind wandering, that was all. "I gotta get to sleep earlier," he muttered and felt for the light switch as he left the room.

But not before taking another look over his shoulder and seeing his reflected lips parted as if begging for a kiss.