Negative emotion- jealousy

MacKenzie considered himself a calm and even-tempered guy; it didn't do anyone any good to stress out and lose control. But everyone had their limits, and right now his limit was being pushed by the sight of Dalton- his Dalton- being fawned and fettered over.

Deep down he knew he couldn't really blame those people- Dalton was beautiful, just made to be touched and kissed and cuddled and have sweet nothings whispered to. But he also knew he should be the only one with that privilege.

Right now some girl had her hand on Dalton's shoulder while leaning in and saying something MacKenzie couldn't make out, but definitely had to be suggestive as the young man immediately laughed with color touching his cheeks. At least for his credit he waved the girl off- But why did he let her get close in the first place? MacKenzie curled his fingers tight around his drink bottle, grateful it was plastic and not glass to have it break in his hand. The heat in his own face had nothing to do with the pleasure of being flirted with and everything to do with unbridled possessiveness.

Dalton signed a poster for another girl and then a guy had to come over, thin and brunet like MacKenzie but his hair styled sleeker and his outfit looking like he just leapt off somebody's aesthetic blog. A couple more indiscernible words were exchanged and arms went around each other's shoulders in a hug, the kind of hug MacKenzie was supposed to be on the receiving end of.

When that rough yet sweet laugh rang out again, MacKenzie felt his grip tighten more around the bottle to have it crumple in his grasp.